❀15❀

You go home angry. Rowan follows you quietly, you're glad he doesn't talk to you, you're fed up with him.

When you make it to your doorstep that's when he starts talking.

"I'm sorry." He says.

You turn around to look at him. He looks you in the eye.

"I shouldn't have called you clumsy or an idiot, I went too far." He says.

You fold your arms.

"Will you give me another chance?" He asks.

You sigh and rub your forehead.

"Look, Y/n, I really like you." He says.

"And... I wanna... be something with you." He continues.

You cringe.

"What do you even like about me?" You ask.

"I think you're beautiful." He says.

"And I mean really beautiful, you always have been. That's why I like you because I wanna protect that." He says.

You don't know how to feel with that statement. You fold your arms and look another direction. You keep opening your mouth to say something but then you close it. You don't know what to say.

He walks closer to you and he wraps his arms around you. You flinch a little but awkwardly allow him to hug you.

"Can you forgive me?" He asks.

You don't know what to say, you feel sort of trapped right now, like you're obligated to say yes.

"Fine." You say.

He smiles and hugs you tighter. You awkwardly put your hands around him, because you feel obligated to.

He pulls away and cups your cheek with his hand and looks into your eyes. You look into his awkwardly, and your cheeks turn red because you feel awkward and embarrassed.

"Can I kiss you?" He asks.

You go blank for a moment. What?

"Uh- uh..." you mumble.

He leans in, and your eyes widen. You don't know what to do.

You quickly turn your head the other way and his lips land on your cheek instead of directly against your own lips. Anything but the lips, Titan, you're not ready for that.

He lets go of you, and opens his mouth about to say something but you cut him off.

"I need to start on dinner now, Vineys probably waiting. I'll see you later bye, get home safe." You say and close the door.

You enter the house and sigh deeply, and immediately plop onto the couch.

Viney turns the hallways corner and sees you on the couch. She makes her way over and sits down next to you.

"How was it?" She asks.

"You have the most annoying brother known to man." You laugh.

"What happened?" She asks.

"He just thinks I'm weak is all, he thinks I'm weak and I need to be protected, when I don't. I'm a guild scout for a reason." You say.

"Did anything else happen?" She asks.

"I just got angry and had to leave for a moment, and then Hunter shows up, in the library." You say.

"Hunter?" Viney asks.

"That's the golden guards name." You say.

"That's a funny name." She smiles.

"Has teaching him been okay? He's not bothering you or anything is he? Your secrets safe with him right?" She asks.