❀8❀

Golden Guard POV

As soon as I headed off, I began looking for this Viney person. She shouldn't be too hard to find. Boscha shouldn't have even captured any wild witches yesterday anyways. Atleast, not without any notice on my behalf, she's supposed to inform me.

This is such a hassle. I didn't really feel like breaking anyone out, but I'll be able to learn some things about wild magic if I do this.

I head to the conformatorium and look through any recent files of wild witches. Viney... brown hair in a high bun, is how I remember her.

I flip through the files, and that's when I see it.

"Ah, she really is here." I raise an eyebrow.

"Floor 2, cell 160." I mutter.

I sigh and make my way to the restroom where I hid some casual coven scout gear. If anyone were to see me, the golden guard, breaking someone out, I'd be practically beheaded.

I go to the men's room and shut the door, entering the stall where I hid the uniform. That's when I stand on top of the toilet and push open the dealing board and grab the scout uniform I hid.

I drop down.

I quickly remove my mask and cloak, leaving me just in my casual wear. Then, I slip the regular branded scout cloak and mask. It's funny that all I need to do in order to completely change my appearance, is just a new mask and cloak.

I sigh and stand back up on the toilet, reopen the ceiling panel and tuck my mask and cloak in there. I drop down and make my way out of the restroom.

"Floor 2, cell 160." I mutter and begin making my way there.

Viney POV

I groan and roll around on the floor. If I ever see Boscha again, I will kill her.

Wait no.

First, I'll kidnap her, then I'll bring her in the woods, then I'll call Y/n, and then we will kill her. She'd love to join in.

All I was going to do before I went home that day was buy some more silky worms for me and Y/n to snack on. And then of course, Boscha follows me and kidnaps me.

Y/n will save me. My knight in shining armor. I laugh to myself.

I hear a cough all of a sudden and turn my head.

It's a coven scout, he's staring at me with his arms folded. I glare at him and sit up and ealk over to my end of the cell bars.

"I hope you're not here to stare and pick fun of me." I say.

He doesn't say anything, but I hear him scoff and, what surprises me next is he pulls out a staff and points it at the cell lock.

It begins shining a bright light and my eyes widen.

"WHOAH WHAT ARE YOU DOING??!" I yell.

He fires at the lock and blasts the cell door open, I bounce back cautiously making sure not to get hit by the blast.

"What the hell?" I say.

He speed walks into the cell and grabs my arm. As soon as he does he already speed walks out.

"What's going on??" I say.

"Stop talking so loud." He says.

"Who are you?" I say.

He doesn't respond.

"I wanted Y/n to save me, not you." I roll my eyes.

"She made a deal with me, so I'm getting you out." He responds.