❀37❀

(Just some casual fluff 😫💕)

You've never seen Hunter that upset and sad before. The rest of that day was sort of boring. It was nighttime now. You haven't been able to leave the room at all and your wound is so sore. Hunters been keeping track of the ships navigation.

Since we killed that Kraken it doesn't seem like we have to worry about any monsters on the way back it should be an easy ride back.

The healing flower was on the desk in the room. You've been staring at it all day. It had a mystical glow to it and there were pink sparkly particles gently flowing around it.

Its glow was like a night light.

It's currently nighttime and Hunters been sitting beside you reading a bit. You haven't brought up anything regarding what Belos does to him because it had made him uncomfortable the last time.

After he poured everything out earlier it was just you both sitting quietly with eachother. You didn't talk much after but just the silent presence was all you needed.

"Hey." Hunter says turning to look at you.

You turn to look at him.

"...um.. I'm sorry for yelling at you earlier." He says.

"What?" You ask.

"For you to shut up. I yelled at you." He says.

"I shouldn't have told you to shut up like that. I should have just told you politely that I just didn't wanna continue the conversation right then." He says.

You glance at him. He's not looking at you, his eyes are still on his book.

"It's okay Hunter." you say.

"I was just overwhelmed and I was only thinking about how I was feeling at the time. I didn't mean to scare you or anything." He says.

"No, I get it. It's okay, I do that too sometimes." You say.

"...I'm sorry." He looks up from his book and glances at you.

"You don't need to apologize anymore, I know you are. I forgive you." You say.

He scratches the side of his neck and looks back at his book. He flips a page and then glances at you again and then back at his book.

"How's your side?" He then asks.

"It's okay, just sore. I'm trying not to lean on it too much." You say.

"Do you mind if I check on it? It's been some hours I just wanna see how's it's holding up." He says.

"Yeah, that's fine." You say adjusting yourself.

Hunter stands up and walks over to the other side of the bed and kneels down. You lift up your shirt revealing your wound.

"It's bruising, but that's normal." He says.

He gently runs his hand on it, to try and examine it more. His hands are cold, and you gently exhale. He presses on it and you flinch a little. He looks up at you.

"Sorry." He says.

"It's okay, just surprised me." You say.

Hunter sighs and goes back around and sits down on his side of the bed with you. He grabs his books again.

"It's doing a little better, it should be all healed when we get back." He says.

Hunter goes back to the page on his book and starts reading it again. It's starting to get darker out. You grumble and sit up.