❀4❀

"Damn it, I hate these things!" The golden guard exclaims getting on his staff and flying above it.

The manticore releases a loud screech noise and tries to jump up high to where he is. The manticore falls back on its paws and grunts as it watches Hunter circle him in the air with his staff.

You want to do something. If he manages to get hurt or something like that you would be to blame, so you certainly wouldn't want that, it would expose who you are.

 As a matter of fact you could do something, you practice beast keeping. The only problem being, you made the potions sigil on your hand, if he notices you know beastkeeping as well, he'll know you're a wild witch.

The manticore grunts angrily, you try to assess the situation to see if there's anything that can be done. That's when you notice its paw. It has a thorn in its paw, the poor thing is wounded that's why its so angry...it's just really aggravated.

Its not like you can just go over there and pull the thorn out, its moving too wildly.

You could maybe at least try to stun it with a potion you have. You dig through your satchel and look for anything that can be useful. 

Goldie continues to circle around it firing electric blasts towards it. They all unfortunately, miss. The manticore roars and lurches towards Golden Boy and his stinger grazes his arm. He gasps and his grasp on his staff loosens, you can tell he's in pain.

 You grab the potion you were looking for and begin to take a step forward until the Golden boy shouts,

"Don't you dare even get involved in this!" He hollers from up above.

You stop dead in your tracks and look up at him, surprised he even noticed you moving in the first place. You thought he was focused on the manticore.

"Trust me, you don't wanna mess with these things, I've been stung by one before, I was in the healing coven for weeks...!" He exclaims firing yet another electric blast.

He looks just about like he's going to fall of his staff. You make an expression of worry.

"Luckily, it only grazed me..! I-I'll be fine!" He yells and lets out another mighty blast out from his staff.

Out of pure luck, it looks like the blast manages to hit the Manticore and it falls down on itself, wounded. You gasp a little, that poor thing.

"About time...! That damn thing." He exclaims and flies down to the ground, he heavily keeps his gaze on the wounded manticore. He's having a hard time with his footing.

You stare at the golden boy, watching carefully as to what he's doing. He charges up his staff with a red ray and raises it upward. You hear him mutter something under his breath as he holds it upward, staring down at the wounded manticore. The manticore slowly opens its eyes and raises its tail with its stinger perched upwards at Hunter. And just as he is about to drag his staff down...

"STOP!!" You yell and shove him away.

The manticores stinger grazes his arm once more as you shove him off, making him gasp loudly and wince in pain. You hold your hands out Infront of the manticore, and some beams of light emit through your hands.

The manticore stares into the little beams of light and then looks back up at you. It lowers its stinger and looks at you hesitantly.

"Calm down, please." You say gently and slowly let out your hand for it to smell.

It sniffs it and stares back up at you, it doesn't look as tense now.

"Please, let me cooperate with you okay?" You say and rest your hand at the top of its head.