Chapter 85 - Acceleration (1)

Zacznij od początku

Soon, Woojin was completely immersed in the song.

Gradually, he began to channel deeper emotions from within the song. As a result, his voice grew richer, more profound. These emotions enhanced the delivery and expression in Woojin’s voice.

Maybe it was the ability of his void space.

After enhancing his singing skills, it helped with voice projection in acting. Conversely, when singing, his emotions intensified. Woojin, performing the song like an act, seemed like a fish in water. He interpreted the lyrics, channeled his emotions, and let his performance explode with passion. He controlled his voice as he wished. Kang Woojin was getting increasingly engrossed in the song.

-♬♪

As he continued, the members of the ‘Male Friend’ team were lost in admiration. Soon, Woojin’s voice began to fade, reaching the end of the song, sounding both poignant and tragic.

“…”

After finishing, Kang Woojin put down his phone and complimented himself.

‘I nailed it. I’ve never been able to sing this song in karaoke before. Heh, with this, I can probably sing any song.’

He almost let out a smirk, but stopped himself, reminding himself of his concept and putting on a poker face. Removing his headphones, he looked up. Huh? For some reason, people outside the booth were crowded right in front of the window. What were they doing?

It looked like a scene from a zoo.

Why were they making those faces? There was only one answer: his singing was phenomenal. Kang Woojin felt an odd satisfaction as he leaned in and spoke into the microphone.

“I’m done.”

However, no one outside the booth responded for a while.

“…”

“…”

The first to react was Hwalin, whose cheeks had oddly reddened for some reason.

-Clap clap clap.

She started clapping slowly. And that initiated a ripple effect.

-Clap clap clap clap!

-Clap clap clap clap clap!

Everyone joined in with applause. Thanks to this, a scene unfolded where everyone showered praise upon Kang Woojin, who seemed trapped like an animal in a cage. Why all the fuss? Although Woojin tried to maintain his indifferent demeanor, he couldn’t deny that it felt good.

‘Ugh, hold on, shoulders! Don’t go up.’

Kang Woojin calmly exited the booth. At the same time, the surrounding crowd bombarded him with questions.

The first was from Director Shin Dong-chun.

“Woojin! Wow – I’m shocked. You sing so well, huh?”

Then came a barrage of simultaneous questions from all directions, too many to name individually.

“Exactly! Wow, who would’ve known? You should be really proud!”

“That was incredible, truly. Not just saying it, but I really didn’t expect you to be that good.”

“Where did you learn to sing like that?”

“Woojin, did you ever secretly work as a singer?”

What are they talking about? Woojin sternly shook his head.

“No, not at all.”

“Then…?”

“It was just a hobby.”