Chapter 71: Setting Fire to the Ancestral Hall

Start from the beginning

Shen Miao said, "In a while, think of a method to stuff those guards outside and make them stay far away from the courtyard. They need not directly leave, but just a further away will do."

"This servant understand." Jing Zhe said. Even though she did not know why did Shen Miao arrange it as such, but these past days she has been with Shen Miao in the ancestral all and discovered that Shen Miao did not show panic about the entire scenario. For a person to not panic over the current situation, one was that the person was stupid and did not know of the situation, or the second was that they had a strategy to deal with it. And Jing Zhe did not think that Shen Miao was stupid. So even if Jing Zhe's heart felt worried like Gu Yu, Jing Zhe trusted Shen Miao unconditionally and believed that she was able to deal with the situation on hand.

Shen Miao took note of her gaze and gave a slight sigh in her heart.

Between her four maids, Gu Yu was the most intelligent, Bai Lu was the most unflustered, Shuang Jiang was the most loyal and Jing Zhe was the most courageous.

At that time, in order to help Fu Xiu Yi consolidate power, Jing Zhen used her own beauty to become that powerful official's concubine. That official lusted over beauty and Jing Zhe also had many means. Even though at the end she was beaten to death by the Furen, she managed to send the token of authority out before her death and successfully helped Fu Xiu Yi to pull the official over.

As a maid, she was indeed courageous. Jing Zhe was an unusual girl. So for this matter, Gu Yu, Bai Lu and Shuang Jiang were not suitable and only Jing Zhe was slightly better. But once Jing Zhe knew what Shen Miao planned to do, if she would help, Shen Miao had no clue about it.

After all, the things she wanted to do were going to be just too shocking to the world.

"In fact," Jing Zhe tolerated but still softly said, "If Young Lady wants, it is possible to let Mo Qing think of a way to bring Young Lady out."

Mo Qing's skills were above the guards of the General residence. Even though it is hard for two fists to go against four hands, it was not impossible to escape with someone.

"And then?" Shen Miao answered the question with another question. "The skies and earth are big, would peace reign if one escape? The life contracts of you four are in the hands of Old Furen, if I leave, what would happen to you all?"

Jing Zhe suddenly knelt down onto the ground and said, "This servant knows that because of these servants life, Young Lady is then willing to stay here, but if Young Lady fall into adversity because of these servants, then these servants deserve to die ten thousand times. In the beginning, Master and Furen picked these four servants to stay by Young Lady's side so that these servants would take care of Young Lady. How can now be in reverse and be Mistress that is taking care of these servants?"

There was a trace of being emotionally moved that appeared in Shen Miao's eyes. Shen Xin indeed knew how to pick people. These four maids never had a trace of abandonment in her most difficult time in her past life. However people were not goods and in this world, things were simple, when there was gratitude pay it back and revenge when there was enmity. One could not give up the personal maids just to win over the hearts of others.

"Do not you worry." Shen Miao said, "Nothing will happen to you all and me. Today it is Old Furen's birthday celebration, I heard that Second Elder Sister had sewn a Goddess of Mercy painting for Grandmother, and since they have forgotten about me then I would not take a laissez-faire attitude to it." She smiled gently, "I too have a large gift for Old Furen but do not know if she will have the fortune to enjoy it."

Chapter 71: Setting Fire to the Ancestral Hall (Part 2)

Around ten Li (1 Li = 500m) outside the capital, there were horses drinking from a frozen creek. And at the withered grassland that seemed to have yellowed, some soldiers were taking a rest.