Chicken's Review #11

This review was done by craftychicken. This review is for House of Zale by KalebZale.

Title 5/5 Perfect title

Cover 3/5 I'm not a huge fan of this cover as it doesn't really tell us what the story is about.

Blurb 4/5 It is a little short but it fulfils the purpose which is to make the reader want to read the book.

First chapter 8/10 I was a little confused as the worldbuilding can feel a little rushed, but overall I like the opening chapter.

Characters 15/15 Kaleb is so easy to fall in love with.

Plot 17/20 As this is a fantasy the slower start to the book makes sense.

Grammar/Vocabulary 20/20 I didn't notice any mistakes in the first four chapters.

Writing 10/10 You have incredible writing. It's books like this that make Wattpad an amazing place to be a writer.

Personal enjoyment 7/10 Unfortunately I spent the first few chapters a little confused by the worldbuilding, but I do understand now. This did affect my enjoyment though unfortunately.

Total 89/100

Review I don't actually have any feedback for you.

This is an incredible story, it's just that high fantasy isn't my thing. It's all down to personal preference. I am so sorry that there's no feedback for me to give you. I honestly just think that the only thing this book needs is a new cover. Once it has that new cover, this book will be a success, I know it.

When I have little to no feedback for a book, I like to recommend a book that I think the author would like. I don't read a lot of high fantasy as I sometimes find it difficult to follow the story, but I think the book I'm going to recommend you is Fourth Wing by Rebbecca Yarros, you've probably heard of it 'cause this book has been everywhere for months, but as a high fantasy book, it is incredibly addictive. Just a warning though, it is a little spicy ;)

Anyway, thank you so much for asking me to review your book for you. I hope this review was helpful in some way. I wish you all the best for the future and good luck on your writing journey.

Craftychicken :)