Chicken's Review #6

This review was done by craftychicken. This review is for Echoes by AakritiPathak

Title 5/5 I really like the title and it fits well.

Cover 5/5 I normally hate real people on book covers but this is almost haunting, it's really beautiful.

Blurb 5/5 I really like your blurb too. It's really captivating and it's intriguing.

First chapter 8/10 A few grammar mistakes so I can't rate this too highly but your writing is beautiful and the first chapter has me hooked already.

Characters 12/15 As we only met a couple of characters I can't give full marks. So far our main character is mysterious and also nameless, which is an interesting choice.

Plot 16/20 I am a little confused as to what is going on most of the time. I'll discuss more in the review.

Grammar/ vocabulary 17/20 A few mistakes throughout, but nothing that takes away from the story too much.

Writing 9/10 Your writing is captivating but you do sometimes use complicated words which take away from the story a little when you have to stop to look up the meaning of words.

Personal enjoyment 7/10 Overall this just wasn't my type of story but I still enjoyed it and it kept my attention.

Total 84/100

Review Overall I enjoyed this. Mysteries and thrillers are my favourite genre so it makes sense as to why I liked this.

So, you didn't give me anything to focus on in the review so I'll just discuss the few issues I had.

To begin with, the plot is a little confusing. From what I can gather, we follow a female character who has been sold to this place where she is treated very badly before the person who put her there in the first place comes back and takes her out again? If that's the plot then good job. That's what I got from the story though. Sorry if I'm wrong.

Second, you do sometimes use complicated words which can be a little off putting as I had to stop to look up what they meant.

That's really all I have. My specialty is in characters and blurbs and both of those were pretty great in your case. I have no other complaints.

Overall your story is good, it's just not for me personally.

I hope that this review has at least given you some confidence. Since I had very little advice to give, I usually give a book recommendation that I think you'd enjoy. In your case I'd like to recommend Drugs, Treasons, and Other Demons by HappyCoati

Anyways, that's all I have for you.

Thank you so much for asking me to do this review for you and I wish you all the best for your writing journey,

Craftychicken <3