Taylor's Review #1

This review is for Egwuji's book called "Love and Fabrics." 

Completed by taylorwritesbooks_

**Disclaimer: I only read 3 chapters and the prologue!**

Title: 2/5

I do not get the title much. Maybe it makes more sense as you read. It is unique though, which is great!

Cover: 3/5

Cute cover. I think it fits the story fairly well. I am just a bit confused by the small logo type things on it.

Blurb: 4/5

"Is the risk worth it?" sounds so good to me. Maybe you could put that at the start. I do not know if it would have the same ring to it, but just an idea! All in all, the blurb is very well written.

First Chapter: 9/10

I thought it was neat to begin it with a letter. This is not something I have seen much, so it was refreshing. It interested me to see that there was a time jump from the prologue. I was very intrigued to see what Marcel would do to get Bloom back.

Characters: 13/15

I enjoyed the characters. There was drama even in that first chapter (prologue). I especially liked that there were pictures of the cast in the beginning. That is always a good thing to do in my opinion. You could potentially add in a few descriptions of the characters.

Plot: 15/20

The plot, so far, has seemed fairly well done. I liked the idea of a time jump, but I think maybe seeing some flashbacks of their relationship could add to the story. I like the concept that you have going on, and I think the story has a lot of potential. The only reason I dock points here is because I could not read the whole book.

Grammar: 18/20

There were a few issues with the grammar. It was mostly punctuation issues. For example, in that prologue I noticed one specific moment where there was no period when there should have been. The first line "-her auburn hair dancing in the wind" needs a period at the end. However, for the most part there were no major issues that affected my reading.

Writing: 7/10

Some phrases were a bit strange to me, but I chalk that up to the time period it is set in. I think if I was a historical fiction reader I may have a better understanding. That's the main issue I had with the writing style.

Personal Enjoyment: 7/10

I was surprised to enjoy the book honestly. I am not really into history too much, but the added romance intrigued me. I think if I were to continue the book I could totally become a fan.

Total: 78/100

All in all, the book was good. Like I mentioned earlier, I think adding in some flashbacks could be beneficial to help us get to know the characters better. Also, maybe adding a few more descriptive elements could help set the scene. I'd like to know more about the world we are reading about. I think I have provided a few tips to hopefully help you, but I wish I could provide more. I am very busy at the moment, and I have a lot of reviews to get to. However, if you need more help reach out to me, and I will try to read some more chapters.