Cadence Review #4

This review was done by CadencePadgett0 for Gedemog's Autobot Academy Book 1

MAIN FOCUS:

How to attract readers and writing

I have only focused on the first two chapters. Note that these are just my opinions and is supposed to help you grow as a writer.

Title:

It's too cliche in my opinion. Titles are supposed to draw the reader's attention when they are scrolling down for their next story to read.

Cover:

The cover isn't great. It looks like pixels with a logo without a title and the author's name.

I understand it's fanfiction but it's very important that you have a nice cover to attract readers. Otherwise, the readers will not pick up and want to read.

If you need help with the cover, Blossom Community has a graphic shop filled with amazing designers that can create an attractive cover for your story.

Blurb:

Again, the book's description is not great as well as the title and the cover.

The blurb is supposed to catch the reader's attention in order for them to decide if it's the story they want to read next.

For example, you could introduce us to the main characters, the plot, setting, and the conflict that they are going to face throughout the book.

What you have written on the blurb, it could've been an author's note in the chapter. And the link will not work unless you put in the comments so no have to copy and paste it.

Chapter 1/Prologue:

First of all, chapter 1 and prologue are supposed to be separate. The prologue happens before the story begins. Chapter 1 is the actual start of the story.

It was short, and I didn't think I would've enjoyed it.

Chapter 2:

I want to say that after reading this, it's almost like a one big, giant paragraph that has no space between each dialogue. Otherwise, it's very confusing in my opinion.

Overall:

I think it has a lot of potential and needs some work.