Chapter 112 - Battle; King Punch!

Start from the beginning

He emerged from the shadows completely as the announcer informed everyone of who he was.

"In only a year he and his crew made it to the waters of the New World! He's on the fast track to infamy!" [Announcer]

I gradually heard the crowd go from cheering to... booing.

"Absolutely brutal! Absolutely crazy! He roasted pirates on a skewer and filmed it for the whole world to see!" [Announcer]

The man walking down the bridge has a maroon coat with fluffy maroon trims, slightly revealing his bare chest. As well, he had yellow and maroon checkered pants, only going down to half his calves, having black boots covering the rest of the leg. He had the hilt of a knife in the front of his pants and a tattoo on his chest.

Though, the more striking features were on his face. He had sharp teeth, very sharp teeth, and vibrant green hair standing sort of like a mohawk, but coming down on the sides. Kind of like a rooster. He had a nose ring and some lines of a tattoo from his eyes to the side of his head, with brown eyes, holding the same confidence as his walk.

"He opened fire on innocent civilians for no good reason! Recently naked number one in the "most annoying pirates who should just go away" competition, the irrepressible, the irredeemable, Bartolomeo!" [Announcer]

After the grand introduction, Bartolomeo smiled wider at the loud boo's coming from the stands. He pointed all over the stands, confusing most, before yelling, his arms as wide as his smile.

"All of you... can go straight to hell!" He laughed at his own words, his voice very gravely, with a heavy accent, sounding like he was from a large city.

The crowd started throwing things, and it was easy for me to dodge, but not so much for the other gladiators, well, except for Bartolomeo.

"Ladies and gentlemen, please don't throw trash into the arena!" [Announcer]

Once that was said, the audience went quieter, much to Bartolomeo's amusement.

The booing suddenly surged forward again, and Bartolomeo got quiet, reaching a hand into his pocket.

Since no one, even the gladiators didn't like him, everyone was separated from him, as if he was a contagious disease. He was standing on his own, trash littered around him., His back was to the gladiators, and I was still behind a few larger men, so I wouldn't be seen.

Bartolomeo wound up his arm, and-

"Hey, wait! What are you about to do?!" [Announcer]

He suddenly spun and threw the ball through the gladiators, me and the ones in front of me dodging, before it skyrocketed above the crowd behind us.

As it sat in the air for a minute, I heard a crowd member yell, "It's a bomb!" and everyone scattered.

I took the confusion of the bomb and squatted down, covering my body entirely with the cloak and ripping a small part of the dress off. The cape covered the smoke, and once the silence died down again, I stood as if nothing happened.

I was in a white T-shirt with a casual red blazer coat over it, and jean shorts, as well as little black high-top sneakers.

The object landed, and bounced down the now empty seats, coming to a stop at the front of the stands. Though, there was no loud noise, no explosion, and I realized that he wouldn't throw a bomb. That would obviously get him disqualified, then what's the point?

Some braver crowd members went around the object, the audience went dead silent.

"A ball?" One man asked, fear still in his tone.