Chapter 83 - Enhancement (4)

Start from the beginning

Kim So-hyang turned to the nonchalant Woojin.

“Woojin, we’ve expanded the OST (Original Soundtrack) aspect. There are two options for you. If it’s burdensome, you can just stick to the role of ‘Han In-ho’, but if you’re okay with it, how about participating in the OST?”

What? Participate? In the OST? Kang Woojin was well aware of the significance of an OST. Because he frequently saw drama OSTs ranking high on music charts. But is it okay for him to do that? As Woojin pondered this internally, Executive Director Kim So-hyang continued.

“Hwalin has already agreed to participate, and we’ve collected quite a few songs. We’re thinking of 2-3 main tracks: a solo song by Hwalin, a solo song by Woojin, and a duet. Of course, we’ll add other tracks, but the main focus would be on both of you.”

At this point, Hwalin sneaked a glance at Woojin from across the table.

‘I hope Woojin agrees. Even if he’s tone-deaf, I can use all sorts of techniques to make it sound good.’

Kim So-hyang, slowly crossing her legs, leaned towards Woojin.

“You have a good enough reason. There are scenes in the drama where ‘Han In-ho’ showcases his hidden singing talents. What do you think, Woojin?”

Another major responsibility was being thrown his way. Now they wanted him to try his hand at an OST, something he had never done before. It was a field completely foreign to Woojin. Singing in a karaoke room is one thing, but releasing a song to the public is a whole different story. However, Woojin didn’t show any hesitation.

He was brimming with confidence.

‘Hehe, I’ve never done it before, but I can somehow manage. I’m acting, so why not an OST? Besides, my singing skills are pretty amazing right now.’

He mentally puffed up his chest with pride. Of course, his confidence was backed by valid reasons, mixed with a hint of arrogance and bravado.

“I think I can manage it without much difficulty.”

Executive Director Kim So-hyang looked slightly surprised.

“Oh- really?”

“Yes. Really.”

Was he being sincere or just being impulsive? Executive Director Kim So-hyang was unsure.

‘…Well, he must be doing that because he’s at least average, right? But if he’s way below average, it would be problematic-‘

Hwalin feigned indifference, but inside she was ecstatic. Well, everyone in the meeting room had their own unique reactions upon hearing Woojin’s words. Director Shin Dong-chun wondered:

‘Could he… possibly sing well, too? No way, right?’

The writer, Choi Na-na, and other team leaders thought:

‘As long as it’s not terrible… Hwalin can carry it.’

Regardless, a test was necessary. So, Executive Director Kim So-hyang spoke again.

“Then, let’s coordinate the schedules of Hwalin and Woojin to do a simple check. It won’t take long, and it’d be good to match the tones of Woojin and Hwalin at our recording studio. That way, it will be easier to find a suitable song. It’s just a preliminary check.”

It was a standard procedure.

“In that session, Hwalin and Woojin can try singing a duet song that’s already in the market.”

Kim So-hyang then requested Kang Woojin,

“Woojin, you can just sing any song you like.”

At the same time,