Chapter 79 - Expansion (8)

Start from the beginning

Instead, a weariness appeared.

“Why cursing at me with your eyes, huh? Curse at me openly, you bastard.”

“You called me a snitch. Yeah, I’m a snitch, motherfucker.”

“…”

“Enough with the bullshit tests. Let’s do business. You’ve probably checked everything about me before we met.”

Lee Sang-man moved the knife from Jeong Seong-hoon’s eyeball to his nose bridge.

“Yes, I’ve checked thoroughly. The resume is indeed that of a drug dealer. Sold drugs and even went to school, right? And your backer is Choi Jun-ho. But, Mr. Jeong.”

Lee Sang-man, tapping Jeong Seong-hoon’s nose with the knife, changed the expression in his eyes to something snake-like.

“Looking at you now, your eyes seem intelligent. You’re a thug, but an intelligent thug, that’s what your eyes say.”

“Stop the bullshit, asshole, and get lost. I’ll go to Japan myself and shove the drugs into those Japanese monkeys myself.”

“Mr. Jeong, you plan to walk out of here alive?”

“What the hell do you want, bastard?”

Yawning, Lee Sang-man lightly scratched Jeong Seong-hoon’s cheek with the knife.

“I don’t trust people. I trust events. To do business, there has to be trust, right?”

“…”

“Ease up on that intense gaze. I might just gouge it out. Tsk, since I don’t deal with second-best. Create an interesting event for me. Something that would make headlines.”

“What kind?”

“If you slice open your ‘backer’ and take out all his organs, I’ll trust you then.”

Choi Jun-ho, the drug kingpin in prison, was Jeong Seong-hoon’s backer. In other words, Lee Sang-man was suggesting that Jeong Seong-hoon kill Choi Jun-ho, whom he had worked hard to gain trust from. It was a tricky proposition for Jeong Seong-hoon, who was undercover.

Because he was still officially a police officer.

Even if he somehow managed to kill Choi Jun-ho, the police would likely suspect him. Conversely, Lee Sang-man was not to be trifled with either.

“And if the drug kingpin still remains alive? Then you’re finished. Without anyone knowing, not even a mouse or a bird. For deceiving me. Look forward to it, from your family to the damn dog you raise, I’ll make them all suffer.”

It was Lee Sang-man, the boss of Busan’s largest organization, ‘Sang-man Faction’.

It was evident that countless gang members would be after Jeong Seong-hoon. He had to make a decision. First, he needed to get out alive. Only then could he plot his next move.

“Understood.”

“You are indeed sharp.”

Lee Sang-man, with a sly grin, tossed the sashimi knife that had been pointed at Jeong Seong-hoon’s cheek down in front of him.

“Take it. Next time, bring your factory with you. You have a professor, right?”

“Yes.”

Suddenly, Lee Sang-man, now wearing a suit jacket, waved at him while pocketing the diamond (drugs) Jeong Seong-hoon brought.

“See you again as a drug lord.”

For a moment, Jeong Seong-hoon stared into Lee Sang-man’s eyes. Lee Sang-man was smiling slightly, but his eyes reflected a violent future. Jeong Seong-hoon couldn’t say anything more to him.