𝟐𝟐. "𝐈 𝐇𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐀 𝐃𝐨𝐠" (𝐁𝐞𝐠𝐢𝐧 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐁𝐞𝐠𝐢𝐧)

Bella couldn't help but think about Derek. He was always on her mind. And she didn't know why. He was married. And he was making his marriage work.

Alex was worried about his sister. He had seen how quiet and withdrawn she had been. And he knew it was down to Derek Shepherd and how he had hurt her.

Bella was currently stood in the bathroom. She was hiding from the dog who had become too much. "God! Crap! Bella! Incoming!" Hannah yelled.

Bella opened the door and sighed. "Having fun?" She asked as she smiled.

"No. That dog is evil. Why did we bring it here?"

Bella shrugged. "I was feeling lonely. And McDreamy is evil. His gorgeous wife is here. And I'm just... meh," she said as she looked to her.

"Oh come on. It's gonna be okay," Hannah said.

The two of them left the bathroom. They saw how Meredith was giving Doc fuss. Bella raised her eyebrows. "Why is he good for her?" She asked.

"Who knows."

"You're a good boy. Such a good dog! Who's Mommy's good boy? He's a good boy. What a good dog. Who's Mommy's little boy? You're a good boy. You're such a good boy!" Meredith said. She turned to look at her roommates. "C'mon, what are you doing, we're gonna be late."

George moved to stand by Bella. A move which Hannah didn't miss. "Uh— We need to talk about the dog," he told Meredith

Izzie nodded. "That's not a dog, it's a hyena that escaped from the zoo, dressed in dog clothing."

"Whatever. I don't chew up his clothes. I don't urinate on his bed. I don't try to mount him from behind," George said.

Meredith sighed as she looked to them. People, he's our dog. We love our dog. He loves us," she said as she stroked the dog once more before she left.

Bella turned to look at George. "He mounts you?" She asked as she went to make coffee.

"He tries to."

Hannah stood and watched as George followed after Bella. Not liking how he was around her best friend.

****

Derek walked into the trailer. He smiled as he looked to Addison. "I got a trout," he told her.

"Oh!"

"Rainbow trout."

Addison sighed as she looked to him. She shook her head. "Why bring a trout into the house?" She asked.

Derek smiled. "The trailer."

"Why bring a rainbow trout into the trailer?" She asked again as she looked to her husband.

"Breakfast."

"Breakfast."

Derek nodded and smiled. "Hungry?"

Addison frowned. She looked to him. Not knowing if he was being serious or not. "For trout?"

"Yeah."

Addison shook her head. "I hate this, Derek. Ah! I hate this. Hate! Hate! I hate this trailer!" She said as she walked into the small bathroom.

"So no trout for you then?" Derek called.

He sat down and sighed. Part of him wished that he was there with Bella instead. But he made vows. And he wasn't going to break them.

****

Derek saw Bella and walked over to her. He smiled. "Hey. How are you?" He asked.

Bella turned to him. "Erm. I'm okay I guess. How's your marriage?"