𝟏𝟖. 𝐓𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐤𝐟𝐮𝐥 𝐅𝐨𝐫 𝐖𝐡𝐚𝐭 (𝐓𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐤𝐬 𝐅𝐨𝐫 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐌𝐞𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐬)

Bella was sitting in the locker room. She wasn't in the mood to deal with thanksgiving. She wanted to climb back into bed and pretend the world didn't exist.

The man she loved had turned out to be married. The man she loved had chosen his wife over her after he had told her he loved her.

Hannah walked over. She looked to her. "Are you okay?" She asked as she looked to her. She smiled. "You should cheer up. It's thanksgiving."

Bella sighed. "And what do I have to be thankful for? The man I love chose his wife over me after he told me he loved me. He didn't tell me he was married. Which just hurts as I'm literally an adulterous bitch," she mumbled.

Hannah grinned as she sat down with her. "Come on. It's thanksgiving. You know what that means... idiots and surgeries. Be thankful that idiots exist," she told her.

The door opened and Bailey walked in. She looked to the two interns. "Karev, we're working with a temp attending today. Dr Kent. He's subbing from Mercy West. We need to get him oriented. And thank you for volunteering to come in. Saving me from having to choose an intern to torture. Montgomery, you're with the chief," the resident told the girls.

Bella walked off with Bailey. She smiled. "Happy to be tortured," she said.

"Not a fan of thanksgiving?" Bailey asked, looking to the young girl.

Bella shrugged. "Well I don't have a whole lot to be thankful for," she said.

"I like thanksgiving. Day people spend with their families. Too much family time triggers depression, repressed childhood rage. Bitter disputes over the remote. And way too much alcohol," Bailey said.

Bella shrugged and smiled. "Alcohol is always good. Just not for me."

"People get stupid. People get violent. People get hurt," Bailey told her.

Bella frowned. "And why is that a good thing? Sounds bad if you ask me."

"Surgeries Karev! Lots and lots of surgeries," Bailey told her as she looked to her.

Bella shrugged and smiled. She nodded. "I didn't think of it like that."

"The stupidity of the human race, Karev. Be thankful for that," Bailey said, turning to look at her young intern.

****

Bella and Bailey walked along the corridor. They both saw an attending standing at the nurses station. Bailey walked in front. "Dr Kent?" She called out as she and Bella went after him.

"Yes?"

"Erm. I'm the surgical resident assisting you today. I know you're subbing in from Mercy West. So if there's anything I can do to help...," Bailey said.

Dr Kent stopped walking. He turned back to the two women. "Look, I'm here for one day. I don't need my ass kissed. All I need is to tell you what to do. And you do it. I don't like mistakes," he said.

Bella rolled her eyes. Not liking him already. Knowing he was a jerk. She turned to look at Bailey for her reaction to Dr Douche as she had nicknamed him.

"I don't make mistakes."

"Whatever. There's only one resident I want in my OR. Guy they call the nazi. Do you know him?" Dr Kent asked.

Bella's eyes widened. She stood there with her mouth open slightly. Bailey looked shocked. "The... the Nazi?" She asked.

"He gets great word of mouth. Stellar rep. Balls the size of Texas?" He said.