𝟓. 𝐏𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐢𝐞𝐬 ( 𝐒𝐡𝐚𝐤𝐞 𝐘𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐆𝐫𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠)

Bella knew how it was getting more and more difficult to hide what she had with Derek. She was worried that she would mess up her whole career if someone was to find out.

She knew how he was her attending. She was just an intern. She needed to somehow keep it quiet about it. Knowing she could risk it all.

Hannah walked in and smiled. "Hey. Are you okay?" She asked.

Bella nodded. "Yeah. I'm good. I'm just... I don't know. My head is a mess at the moment. I'm trying to make my life work and make it somehow not complicated."

"You've got this. I know that Derek cares about you. More than you think he does," Hannah said with a smile.

Bella nodded and smiled. She looked to her. "I really do like him. I just don't want to ruin my career," she told her.

"It'll be okay. I know it will," Hannah said as she looked to her.

****

Bella walked into the hospital. She saw Meredith and walked over to her. "Hey. How did it go with your mom?" She asked.

Meredith sighed. While my mother is still lucid, she needs to sign everything over to me."

"Wow. How do you feel about that?" Hannah asked as she took a sip of her coffee.

"I don't know how to feel. I'm getting my first shot at surgery. I missed my rounds this morning."

****

Bella was sitting in the gallery with Hannah. Meredith was in her heart surgery. Hannah looked to her. "You left the house early this morning after our talk. Are you okay?" Hannah asked.

Bella nodded. She smiled. "Yeah. I just wanted to get some breakfast. Wasn't a lot of options available for me," she told her.

"Okay."

"I wish I could hold a heart," George said as he looked to the two girls.

Cristina scoffed and looked behind her. "A monkey could hold a heart ," she told him.

"You're mad Burke didn't ask you," George said as though it were obvious. He smiled. "Izzie's party?"

Bella was about to speak when Izzie walked in. "George. I need more ice and chips," she told him.

Bella frowned and looked to her. "Who else did you invite?" She asked, not wanting to annoy Meredith.

"Izzie. We said the list was jocks only. Surgery, trauma and plastics. Who else?" Hannah asked.

Izzie shrugged. "Just some people from Peds," she told them.

Cristina rolled her eyes. She turned to Bella and Hannah. "She invited the preschoolers to Meredith's house. The next thing you'll say is you invited the shrinks," she said.

Bella groaned. She shook her head as Cristina scoffed . "She invited mental defects. This party is officially D.O.A," she said.

George turned to look at Izzie. "You know Meredith thinks this is just going to be a little small meet your boyfriend cocktail thing. Did you clear this with her?" He asked.

"No. But I will," Izzie said. Knowing she didn't want to piss off Bella or Hannah. Knowing that everyone adored them.

Bella nodded. "You can't just take the piss with Mer's house. She invited you to live with her. And you can't just take over it."