𝟔. 𝐓𝐞𝐧𝐬𝐢𝐨𝐧 (𝐈𝐟 𝐓𝐨𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐫𝐨𝐰 𝐍𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐬)

Bella knew how she was dreading work. She knew how Bailey had caught her with Derek. And she had no idea how to deal with that.

She knew how she was worried people were going to find out. And she would be known as the intern who was sleeping with her attending. And that was something she never wanted to happen.

Bella looked up as Hannah walked in. "Move over asshole. Are you still stressing about Derek and being caught?" She asked.

Bella groaned. "You're so not helpful. My whole head is a mess. Like, what is she going to do?" She mumbled.

"She probably can't do anything. Derek is her boss. I think you're panicking over nothing," Hannah told her with a smile. "Come on. Donuts are on me this morning."

"Can I not just hide away in my bed comfy bed that no one else needs to be in?"

"Nope. Now up and out."

****

Bella was sitting in her car. She sighed as she looked around. She was trying to delay going inside. She didn't want to deal with Bailey.

She had just gotten out of her car when she saw Derek pulling up next to her. He got out the car. They looked to each other for a moment. "Crap," Bella mumbled.

"Crap?"

Bella smiled and nodded. "Yeah. Hi. I'm late," she said as she walked off quite quickly.

Derek soon followed her. "You're avoiding me," he said as though it were obvious.

Bella turned to him and nodded as she walked backwards. "That's probably correct. But I'm also late," she told him as she turned and carried on walking.

"Okay. Are we going to talk about this? What happened?" Derek asked.

Bella shook her head. She sighed. "Nope. Not at all. Too early for that. And I've not had nearly enough tequila."

"About us and Bailey? And what she saw?" Derek said as they were stood outside the hospital.

Bella groaned. She looked to him. "I honestly don't need to talk about it. I experienced it. With you inside of me. Naked," she mumbled.

Derek sighed. "This is getting complicated. But that was an amazing experience."

"It's complicated for me. I'm the intern who's sleeping with an attending. Bailey isn't talking to me anymore. I used to be her favourite," Bella said.

Derek shrugged. "Not like that's a bad thing. If I was a better guy, I'd walk away," he told her.

Bella nodded. "Yes you would."

"Do you want me to be a better guy?" Derek asked as he looked to her.

Bella looked to him as they walked into the hospital. "Yes."

Derek pushed the button of the elevator. The two of them looked to each other. Bella groaned. "No. Fuck I'm late," she mumbled as she turned to walk off.

"Take your time. Think about it!" Derek called after her.

****

"You're late," Bella said as she looked to Hannah who had just walked in.

Hannah turned to her. "So are you."