𝟏𝟕.𝐌𝐢𝐬𝐬𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐇𝐢𝐦 (𝐋𝐞𝐭 𝐢𝐭 𝐁𝐞)

Thankfully for Bella, the gossip had died down. She was no longer the talk of the hospital. She knew how she was trying to find a way to pick up the pieces.

She knew how she was scared that she was going to fall apart. She was trying to slowly move on from all that happened. It was hard. But she was trying.

She soon arrived at the hospital. She was sitting in her car. She felt someone looking at her. She turned to see Addison. The two of them held eye contact.

Bella said nothing as she looked to her. Addison waved as she walked off. Bella sighed. Hating how complicated and messy it was.

Bella got out of her car and sighed. She instantly had thoughts of Derek. Hannah smiled. "Hey. You okay? You left before any of us this morning."

Bella nodded. "Yeah I know. I just had to get out. Memories of me and Derek in there," she said.

"It will get better. I promise."

"I doubt that. Sorry, I'm just... I don't know what I am anymore," Bella said as she walked off inside with her best friend.

****

Bella walked into the crowded elevator. She had been trying her hardest to forget about Derek Shepherd. She couldn't keep thinking about him.

"Where's billing?" Bella heard someone ask.

"The basement," Bella said as she heard Derek answer too. She turned to see him the corner of the elevator.

They both held eye contact for a moment. She couldn't look at him. It was hurting her. She knew it was awkward. And that was the last thing she wanted.

****

Bella walked into the changing room. She sighed as she saw everyone looking at her. Hannah smiled. "Are you okay?" She asked.

Bella raised her eyebrows. She shook her head. "Okay? You wanna know if I'm okay. Well I met a guy. I fell in love with that guy. And that guy turns out to be married. To your seemingly perfect mother. And I'm just ordinary."

Hannah looked to her. She sighed. "I'm sorry. I feel like I should have told you that he was married to my mom," she said.

"It's not your fault. I'm the idiot who slept with the guy in the bar," Bella said as she got changed into her scrubs.

"You're not an idiot. Trust me. You're far from being an idiot. He's the one who lied to you. He's the one who didn't tell you he was married. So don't think you're the one to blame. Don't think you're the idiot," Hannah said as she looked to her.

Bella smiled. Feeling thankful she still had Hannah there for her.

****

Bella was talking with an elderly women named Esmè Sorrento. Her husband was at her bedside. "Esmè wanted to wait until tomorrow to see her doctor. But she hasn't been able to keep anything down since yesterday. So I brought her in," Jed Sorrento said.

Bella nodded. She smiled. "Mrs Sorrento, you have acute cholecystitis. Which means that your gall bladder may have to come out," she told the elderly patient.

"She has gallstones?" Jed asked.

"He watches cable. He thinks he's a doctor," Esmè said as she smiled to her husband.