Chapter 16

[Taehyung's pov]:

I watched y/n take her leave from there. I wanted to stop her and have a talk but again...I couldn't build up the courage to even stop her. I have never felt this helpless before.

It hurts because it matters.

I walked out from behind the door, not paying attention to my surroundings, and bumped into someone who happened to walk out of the classroom at the same time.

"I am sorry-", I lowered my head to apologize but stopped the moment my eyes laid on the person standing before me.

It was Sora. I looked away. Every time I look at her it reminds me how easily she said I was the one who is the problem in her life and how I ruined it.

Honestly speaking, the real reason for staying away from her is this guilt that creeps inside me every time she comes into my sight.

Y/n wasn't wrong when she said that I was to blame for everything she went through.

Without uttering a word further I turned around and started taking a step ahead in an attempt to leave from there. But got stopped by a familiar voice.

"Taehyung", the voice said. I barely peeked behind and found Sora standing there looking at me.

I turned around to face her. I wonder what she has to say. I didn't say anything and there was this awkward silence between us again.

"I am sorry", he uttered in a low voice and broke eye contact with me. My eyes widened as I looked at her, without blinking even once.

Then she walked away after saying those two words. I watched her back in utter stillness as she walked away.

[End of pov]

Basketball court: [Y/n's pov]:

I wonder why I came here. It felt as if my body walked on its own and made its way here.

I was occupied with my thoughts until a loud voice snatched my attention and said, "Jungkook, go!!" I glanced up, getting out of my thoughts just to find Jungkook and his mates busy practicing for their basketball match.

Jungkook was busy with his game so probably didn't notice my presence. And that was when I finally came back to my senses.

What am I trying to do? What am I even here for? I should leave.....

I peeked a glance at Jungkook for the last time and headed out in haste.

I headed straight towards the playground and sat down at one of the benches over there. It felt as if I had nowhere to go.

This was probably the first time I ever felt this way. I couldn't go to the library because I couldn't concentrate, I couldn't stay in the classroom because there were too many students there, and I didn't feel like going elsewhere.

"You will have to shift by the end of this month."

"Keep your eyes only on your goals. Everything that I have been doing is for your good. You need to be cold-hearted to be a person who will be standing above everyone else. You can't make people love you but you can make them fear you."

All the things he said never left my mind. Being successful will make people fear me...? Will it be the same way people fear him? But is that what you want? I already know the answer to it and it's a no. I don't want to be like him. I want to be someone who can be loved, not feared.

We all want to be loved, don't we? Everyone looks for a way of finding love. It's a constant search for affection in every walk of life.

[End of pov]