Chapter 9

[Author's pov]:

"This is our guest", Emma introduced Sora making everyone present there turn their gaze towards Emma.

"What? A maid is your guest?", One of the girls from amongst the guests scoffed as she looked at Sora upside down checking her outfit.

"Ah-", Emma looked at Sora from the corner of her eyes before responding to that girl back as if she was checking Sora's Reaction.

"She is not a maid", Emma lets out an awkward chuckle.

"Really?", the girl asked with a gasp.

"I am sorry. Looking at her outfit it looked as if...", A pause filled the silence making everyone laugh at that sarcastic comment. Sora stood there with her head hung down.

"I should take my leave", Sora said, finally glancing up at Emma after a moment of brief silence.

Emma's reaction weakened at her words, "Wait, what? Now? No, You can't leave yet", she replied and reached out for her hand.

Grabbing it she continued, "We just arrived here."

"I am sorry about that", Sora pulled her hand out of Emma's grip as she understood her instincts were right.

And with that Sora started walking ahead. Emma and Hana glanced at each other before Emma started following sora, chasing her.

As Sora walked past the swimming pool. "Wait", Emma said but got no response in return but still she kept on chasing her behind.

"Sora", Emma yelled finally making Sora stop in her tracks and spun around to take a look at Emma.

"What is it?", Sora inquired and a scoff escaped Emma's lips. "You are hateful", Emma replied and Sora went silent for a minute after hearing her.

"Hateful?", Sora finally spoke up after a minute of brief silence.

"Yeah, you are right. When people know how to take a stand for themselves they are often loathed", Sora replied with a straight face and Emma's face darkened after hearing what she said.

"You are so annoying", Emma clenched her jaws and Sora spoke up again, "If that's all you had to say then I should take my leave", with that she turned around to leave.

This was probably the first time Emma was this annoyed by someone. She did it all just to let Sora know where she belongs but her plan got ruined the moment Sora decided to take her leave.

Whereas, Sora already got a hint that Emma was probably faking an act of being nice when she didn't stop her friends from saying all those mean words to her rather she seemed to be enjoying. That gave her a clear idea about what was going on inside Emma's head.

"No one has ever talked to me that way", Emma murmured, gripping her fists in anger as she looked at Sora from behind.

Anger had completely captivated Emma's head as she took steps towards Sora who was walking ahead of her. Snatching her arm from behind she forcefully made Sora look behind to face her.

Sora was completely startled by the sudden act as she pulled her brows together and gave her a serious look.

"What are you-", and even before she could finish, Emma pushed her into the pool making Sora's eyes widen in shock as she lost her balance and fell into the pool.

Meanwhile: [y/n's pov]:

"So what was it?", Taehyung asked me as I took a second to reply. My heart was beating faster than ever.

Honestly, I am low-key scared. I don't know whether I am scared of rejection or seeing his reaction to it.

"Y/n?", Taehyung called out to me which made me snap out of my thoughts and glance up at him again.