Chapter 14

"Don't", he uttered, making me stop from saying any word further and I went silent.

He stared at me silently for a while and I felt the situation tensing up slowly so I decided to speak up, "Jungkook, I—"

I was about to finish my statement when Taehyung walked out from behind the wall Jungkook was standing next to.

My eyes went wide open in shock as Taehyung's gaze met mine. He had no expression on his face and due to that I couldn't even read his face and tell what was going on inside his mind. 

I couldn't understand how to react anymore as I lowered my gaze.

"T-Taehyung…", I muttered. They both silently watched me in utter silence. I lowered my gaze.

The words I was going to say a while ago were now stuck inside my throat. It felt like I had lost the ability to speak. 

"Go on", After a moment of long silence Taehyung finally broke the silence between us three and decided to speak. I glanced up at him and saw him already looking in my direction. And guilt crept inside me. 

What am I supposed to say now? 
What's even left to say? He already heard everything, didn't he? Pathetic…maybe Hana was right that's how I look right now. 

I couldn't even dare to meet his gaze and this explains enough. It felt as if I finally got the chance to explain myself but…I had nothing to say in my defense. I was blank.

Taehyung watched me silently for a couple of more minutes waiting for me to say something but all I did was look down at the ground below me. Soon, he gave up and walked away, leaving me and Jungkook behind. 

I watched him take his leave from the corner of my eyes as I slowly raised my head to take a look at Jungkook who was still standing there looking at me.

"Jungkook, I did all that for his good—" 

"This is not the y/n that I know", he said, not letting me complete my sentence. I was taken aback by his words.

This was probably the first time Jungkook…had that disappointing look in his eyes while he looked at me. And after that, he walked away as well while I stared at his back. 

That night: [Y/n's place]

"Have you decided yet which university you will be enrolling in?", Dad inquired while I gulped down the bite of food in my mouth before glancing up at him.

Honestly speaking, I didn't. I always wished to attend the same university as Taehyung and Jungkook but now the situation…

I was engrossed in my thoughts until Dad banged his fist on the table which made me get out of my thoughts and divert my attention towards him.

"I asked you a question", he had a resting face on as he said that.

"I-I didn't plan on that yet", I lowered my head and replied in a low tone. 

I was expecting an angry reaction but was surprised he replied with.

"That's great. You don't have to anymore."

That was sort of strange of him to say. I mean our final exams are next month and before exams, we have to decide which university we want to enroll in and I'm too late to do that instead of yelling at me, he said it's great.

No one in the room uttered a word further while I silently peeked a glance at him wondering why he would say that. Until he decided to speak up again.

"You will be going to the US for your further studies", he said and the fork from my hand dropped to the ground and I stood up in my place in absolute astonishment.