Chapter 11

"What...are you saying?", he asked, giving me a thunderstruck look. This was it, the moment when there was nothing left between us rather than an ocean of silence.

But I still managed to speak up again after a moment of brief silence as I reached out for his hand.

"Tae...I..I..", and all I could utter were broken words. I looked up at him, but my words were struck in my throat. I don't know why but there was this uneasy feeling stirring up inside me as if something was off.

The look on his face, the feelings flashing in his eyes, and the way he was looking at me....this silence between us was killing me but I decided to finish my statement.

"Taehyung, I like y-"

"Don't", his deep voice rang out, cutting me off.

Silence...pin drop silence...

And I went silent again as I stared back at his face. The confused look on his face had now turned into a serious one. His facial expressions grew colder than before and seeing that my heart felt heavier than before, like a stone sinking in quicksand.

Sometimes the silence speaks louder than words but what if I say silence is something I can't handle?

"Don't say any further", he finally completed his sentence leaving me with nothing but absolute silence. He drew back the hand that I was holding onto before continuing any further.

Even these small actions of his said a lot...A LOT...and those actions were choking me...consuming every part of me.

My lips quivered while I lowered my gaze, breaking eye contact with him, attempting to keep my breathing slow and steady.

"W-Why?", I stuttered, fighting my tears.

"Because I don't want to ruin what we have", he replied without hesitation. "So don't say something that might wreck the bond that we share...please..", he finished while I clenched my fists tightly.

It was hurting so bad...I thought it wouldn't hurt that much but after hearing such words from him it hurts so much...as if someone used a hammer on my chest.

I couldn't even glance up to take a look at him. It felt as if my eyelids were turning heavier as well.

"Ruin? He says "But...what do we share?"

With that he just walked away...just like that...he just walked away...

My throat had turned tight like I had swallowed a lump of coal. With every step that he took further, I could sense him drifting away from me in every way possible.

Not just the distance between us but the distance between our hearts was also lengthening with every step...he took.

He said he doesn't want to ruin what we have between us but what about this feeling of love that I have towards him? Why is it ruining me in every way possible?

The wind whipped around me, icy and harsh. I felt so alone...so fvcking alone..there was no one...as if I was standing in the middle of an empty ocean.

[Author's pov]:

The tears that were clouding her eyesight for so long finally trickled down her cheeks like tiny rivers of sorrow. The kind of pain she was feeling at the moment was unbearable.

A few hours later:

Y/n was walking past the corridor when a familiar voice grabbed her attention as she raised her head to take a look at the person but soon her face turned pale looking at the two figures standing a distance away from her.