Chapter 4

#skiptime: that evening:

[Sora's pov]:

"I'm home", I opened the main door while taking off my shoes as I entered the house. And all I could hear was pin-drop silence. I placed my shoes on the shoe rack and silently walked towards the living room.

Standing next to the opened door I saw my father sitting at the dining table drinking alcohol. He is drinking again. A deep sigh escaped my lips as I looked down at the mark sheet in my hand.

Nevermind...

I started making my way towards my bedroom. Opening the door of my room, I took a step inside with a heavy heart and placed my backpack on my bed. I know no one at home waits for me yet I can't help it.

I sat down at my study table and picked up the photo frame placed over there. "Congratulations to you. Your daughter has made you proud again", I mumbled as I caressed the frame with my fingertips.

"Are you proud of me, mom?", I asked as my smile faded. Tears started forming in my eyes, turning my sight blurry. I always wonder how it feels to have your mother by your side. How does it feel when she assures you that she is there for you? My mom left me when I was 9. I barely even remember her voice.

When I was a kid, my father told me if I make my mom proud she will come back to me, and ever since then I have been trying my best. I actually believed that...now I know she will never be back no matter what but...if there's still a possibility even 0.000001℅ I still want to give it a try. At least that will make her happy. I know she is somewhere up there rooting for me.

[End of pov]

#Meanwhile: at y/n's place: [study room]:

[Author's pov]:

"Explain", Her father's cold voice echoed throughout the room making her turn stiff. She had her head lowered the whole time as she stood in front of him.

"I'm sorry-"

"YOUR PERFORMANCE WAS GARBAGE", he yelled standing up from the couch and throwing the mark sheet right at her face.

"Is this what you call a perfect score?", he sneered.

"There must be a reason behind your laziness. I have done so much for you and you, look at yourself. From the first position to the second?", he added.

"I'm sorry, father", Y/n said in a low voice. There was complete blankness on her face. No one could tell what she was thinking.

"Sorry?", he scoffed. "HOW MANY TIMES I'VE TOLD YOU TO PAY ATTENTION TO YOUR GODDAMN SCORE?!???", he continued, making her finally look up.

Her eyes were filled with tears. Angry tears. "Why?", she asked while he gave her a dumbfounded look.

"Why can I never fulfill your expectations?", she asked while he just stared back at her.

"Don't spit nonsense and accept your faults. Everything that I'm doing is for you dammit!", he declared while a bitter smile escaped her lips.

"Do you actually care about me? Do you ever think in my place?!", and as soon as she finished a harsh slap landed on her cheek, making her look to the other side.

"Is that all you have to say?!"

"I have taken enough of your nonsense. If you can't be the best, if you can't make yourself proud let alone your parents then don't blame me. Just accept that you are at fault, it's your laziness, it's your whole damn fault that you are behind now", he gritted his teeth.

"That girl who came just yesterday with no background at all and suppressed you and you have the audacity to stand before me and tell me that it's my fault?", he scoffed.