Chapter 10

"It hurts really...b-bad..", I muttered, burying my face in his chest. I couldn't endure this pain any longer. It was hurting so badly deep inside that it felt as if I might die along with it.

"y/n...", he mumbled in a low tone but I interrupted him.

"My heart...is aching so bad...j-jungkook...", I paused, chewing on my lower lips and he went silent.

"It's hard..to bear this pain...w-what do I do?", I continued as my tears rolled down my cheeks all over again.

It aches just thinking how...I always looked at him but...all this time he was looking at someone else who was not me.

It aches thinking how he cares about her...he cares about her the same way I care about him.

He lies saying he doesn't care about her but...he forgot his eyes can't lie.

Why does it have to be her and not me?

[Jungkook's pov]:

I held her closer to me while she cried in my arms. She was choking on her sobs and my heart was getting heavier with every drop of tear that rolled down her cheek.

I don't like this...I hate to see her like this. This is probably the first time I have ever seen her break. I tightened my grip around her.

"Don't..", I whispered in a low tone and she spoke up again.

"I-I want to be loved back but...it's never me...it's never...me...", her voice cracked, and my eyes turned watery. She was trembling. I could feel the pain behind her words. Her words were breaking me.

"You're loved...You are loved by me-", I was about to finish my words but got cut short by her again.

"But not him...", she said, and my heart shattered after hearing that.

Him? It's always him...

I stopped myself from saying any further and she separated herself from me. Her red swollen eyes met mine while I stared back at them. The sudden thunderstorm had drenched us to the skin.

She wiped her tears before speaking up again but what was the use? Tears streamed down her cheek all over again, with every word.

"Can't he love me?", she asked while I silently looked down at her messy self.

Her lips were trembling, her eyes were filled with nothing but pain, and her cheeks and nose had turned red due to crying.

I was noticing all those small details about her...and those were hurting me deep inside.

I raised my hand upward towards her face as my thumb brushed her cheeks. I despise seeing her cry. I stood there staring at her. It felt as if the whole world around us had stopped and it was just us, me and her present in this moment.

I leaned in closer to her face and cupped her cheeks with my hands.

[End of pov]

[Author's pov]:

She could feel his warm breath against her cheeks and for some reason, she couldn't back off even when she wanted to. And even before she could realize his lips were already brushing against hers. And that surprised her. He wrapped his arms around her waist and was about to pull her in a kiss until she came back to her senses and pushed him away from her.

"Jungkook", she uttered, her eyes wide open as she gave him a stunned look.

Looking at his face she could tell that even he was stunned by what he just did.