Chapter 12

"Why are you ignoring me?", the deep voice rang out making my eyes go wide. "Jungkook..?", I murmured in almost an inaudible tone.

He had his firm gaze fixed on me while I was trying to find words to say. I couldn't meet his gaze maybe because I had this guilt stirring up inside me.

I have been ignoring him for a while and now I don't have an answer to his question. I look away from him but he doesn't move an inch away from him instead his grip around my arm stiffens.

"Can't I be him?", he utters and my eyes widen at his words. I look at him in surprise. Honestly, speaking his words caught me off guard this time. I have a lot to say but I am unable to.

"Jungkook...", I tried to finish but he spoke up again before I could say another word.

"At least give me a proper explanation. Why am I getting ignored?", he asked and I was left speechless.

I lowered my gaze and then there was nothing but absolute silence between us.

"You don't have an answer to it?", he asks and my silence says it all.

He loosens the grip around my arm and walks away.

[Jungkook's pov]:

No matter how much I try it's always him for her. I am not even complaining after all it's my brother but hasn't she even once noticed that she has always been the one for me?

[End of pov]

Flashbacks: [9 years old]:[Author's pov]:

"Y/n, look I plucked flowers for you", Y/n turned around to take a look at Taehyung who was smiling brightly at her.

"Are they for me?!", Y/n couldn't hide her excitement as she quickly took the flowers from his hand.

"They are so pretty, tae", y/n smiled brightly at Taehyung. Not knowing someone was standing there watching them in silence.

"Kook? Why are you standing there?", he finally caught y/n's attention when Taehyung called him out.

"Ah..nothing", he smiled nervously. "Kook, look taetae got me flowers", Y/n showed them to him and he smiled in response seeing her happy face.

"Tae, let's grab some ice cream, please?", Y/n averted her gaze towards Taehyung who was standing beside her. He nodded in response as they started walking ahead.

Jungkook took out the flowers that he was hiding behind his back and gazed down at them for a while before dropping them to the ground and following them behind.

[12 years old]:

"Do you want me to get you a chocolate pastry?", Jungkook asked while y/n shook her head in response. He wanted to get up, run, and get her, her favorite sweet to lighten up her mood but he couldn't leave her alone as well.

Until a familiar voice grabbed their attention. "Are you sad because of that mark sheet?", Taehyung asked as he approached the two.

Y/n nodded her head slightly in response. "But why?", both the kids looked at y/n's pale face as she sobbed. "Dad will shout at me", she replied.

"What if we ask Uncle to shout at us in your place?", Taehyung asked. Meanwhile, Jungkook nodded his head vigorously in response, "Yes."

Seeing that a smile formed on y/n's lips. "At least you are smiling now. Look what I got", Taehyung said, making y/n curious. He took out a box of pastry from his bag and placed it down beside y/n.

"You are the best Taehyung", Y/n said as she picked up the box.

[14 years old]:

"Jungkook, can you please be my boyfriend?", The girl standing in front of Jungkook blushed as she offered a box of chocolates to Jungkook.