Chapter 23: Absurd mission

While preparing for the wedding, Luma sent me an encrypted message with the details of the mission. It was midnight when I opened the laptop to see the whole details of it, and Vand happened to be in the bathroom after our passionate night.

[3 days. Helltown Hotel. Fracture limbs.]

The message contains when the assignment would happen, where, and what the clients ordered. There were cases in which clients ordered death, but others only wanted for some to be tortured, paralyzed, or frightened.

It was my first time receiving such a mission. When I first received mine, it was death, and because Novy was worried about me, he had to come and shadow me. Did Luma give me this kind of assignment because of Hydro? I mean, because I am going to be his brother-in-law?!

When did this business acknowledge family ties?

An attached one-page detail about the target was shown next. It was an omega in his mid-twenties, very beautiful and radiant. He is the son of a famous fashion designer, and one of his fathers is a business tycoon.

In the information given, it seems that the omega has no criminal records, no reason to hate, and his family is reserved, not even boastful, even if they were billionaires. The family was humble to the core, with very few to no appearances of the children in the media.

I called Luma with a confused mind. I know people would pay to hurt anyone without a valid reason, but it's absurd in this case. The phone rang twice before the other line answered. The bathroom still had the water on, so I quickly asked Luma before Vand finished his bath.

"What's the reason of the client?" I had no time to say pleasantries or directly ask. I really had to ask, or I wouldn't be able to sleep tonight!

"Love," Luma said, as if tired from hearing and speaking this word.

"The hell?! Is this the 'saving the damsel in distress, I'll be your knight and shining armor' type of scenario?!" I laughed in annoyance. I could hardly imagine the situation after the omega falls in love with the viper. What a pity.

"Sort of." Luma was speaking extra low tonight and seemed to clear his throat from time to time.

"Are you sick? Drink medicine. By the way, since when did Swift Wind become so low?! Tsk." Should I tell Hydro that Luma is sick?

He did not answer for so long, and all I could hear was the rustling of sheets. Maybe he stood up and took some medicine? After a few seconds, he answered in a hoarse voice, "He paid ten million in one go."

I chocked.

Ten million just to cause an injury and to be a fake knight and shining armor! What a joke. "Fine. Send me the client's details."

"Why?"

"Teaching someone a lesson." This kind of thing was not allowed, but Luma sometimes made a compromise if he himself thought it was too much. Especially if it involves the wrong expression of love. Luma might be a love-virgin, but at an early age he was exposed to his parents' gentle love, and that remained in his mind, according to Novy.

So even if Luma was a bloodthirsty animal, he still wanted gentle love. Oh, yes, I should tell Hydro about this! Maybe my brother will finally capture the beast!

When I ended the call, I heard Vand chuckle while standing at the bathroom door, his bathrobe open in his chest and only covering the treasure in between his legs. I miss that cock again. Sniff.

He walked towards me; his hair still had that dripping water, and he looked goddamn sexy. I think I can do it for another two rounds. Am I a pervert? Yeah, I think so.

"Who are you going to teach a lesson?" He climbed to the bed and scooped me in his arms. The laptop was still open and placed in my lap, but Vand did not look at it to pry; instead, he directly closed it and put it on the bedside table.

"Luma gave me a mission, but it was too absurd; I had to teach that alpha client a lesson. Why would someone hurt the person they love to get their heart?" Good thing, I was lucky that Vand is my mate and my soon-to-be husband. My big puppy was so good to me, especially in bed, hehe.

"Need my help?" he said as he rubbed my back and kissed my forehead. He was so gentle, but his words made my ears perk up. Yes, why not?!

I sat up and grinned at him. "Yes! Let's do this; you meet with that alpha accidentally, and then, hmmm, give him a piece of advice? What do you think?" It was a plausible plan. Guide an alpha into the right love.

"Hahaha, I'm thinking of beating him." Vand had that crunchy laugh, and we didn't think the same. This one is also good. I will make him taste his own medicine.

"Okay, let's do it in two days." After that, Vand agreed, and we slept cuddling each other as if we didn't talk about beating someone. About my mission, Vand is not allowed to know, but with this alpha, I can share a little bit about it.

The next day, there was no class. I have done all the things I needed for the wedding, and the rest lies completely with the wedding coordinator. So this whole day, we stalked that alpha and found out about his omega.

After careful consideration, we made our plan that we would execute the next day. My nerve was shaking, and I couldn't stop grinning. I am so excited to do it, especially since Vand is my accomplice. Ahh, my hands are too itchy to punch now.

"I'll be the one punching and kicking, okay?" I said, jumping in excitement. "I'll do the talking too."

Vand held my hand as we walked and agreed to my every word: "Master will do the punching and kicking. He will also do the talking."

"You make sure he won't fight back, okay?"

"En. I will make sure that my darling won't be harmed in the process. If it happens, I will break his legs."

I disagreed strongly: "If you do that, we will pay ten million to Luma!"

"It's okay; I still have a lot of money."

"Okay, let's just pay then."