Chapter 8: Your Alpha

Oxy is a beta that comes from an all-beta family. Unlike others of his kind, Oxy's physique can be compared to an alpha, and even his manly beauty can be mistaken as such. When he pursued me, I thought he was an alpha at first, but the guy just had to break my fantasy, telling me he was a beta with a blush.

His proud face as a beta caught my curiosity and admiration. Because Oxy is a chatter, he shared too much information with me, like that all men in their family were raised like an alpha and all females like an omega.

Hearing it made me negatively look at his family, but Oxy explained that the family did this for generations so they wouldn't forget their roots and respect the other sub-genders. They were also a big family in Norway, and as much as possible, they would marry beta's like them to avoid the pain of their partners leaving because they found a mate.

Oxy stood up with much effort, patting a speck of non-existent dust in his clothes. He was grinning like a puppy and was about to embrace me when a honey-colored hand blocked him. "No touching." The voice had a hint of a murderous tone, protecting his mate from random strangers.

Yeah, that was what I liked to think about that action of his when, in fact, it was a bodyguard protecting his employer.

"Why? I'm his boy-"

"Don't say it! Don't." Oxy looked at me with pain in his eyes, like a puppy being denied of bones. "We broke up."

"But it was a misunderstanding. I will never cheat."

Due to Oxy's alpha-like physique, many approached him, and some even had to use underhanded techniques. May it be male or female, they lust over him, and I understand. Oxy is a snack himself.

However, Vand was standing behind me, and I was screaming inside my head. Why would he need to witness this? What will he think of me this time?

"Oxy," he was a good guy, a good boyfriend, but the love in me faded already, and it so happened that an incident occurred, making me give up. "You touched her; even if you were drunk, you still touched her. We haven't even kissed because you said you respect me so much."

It was the truth. How many more times should I witness someone sitting on his lap, chewing his neck, and hearing excuses? He is not a child to be lured every time, tricked by words, and not be able to know that his drinks were drugged!

He is so friendly for his sake, so naive for a beta, and I can't handle it anymore. Being with him for five months felt like nannying a child and lecturing him but still ended up doing it again. It's too much for me.

"Let's stop."

"Babe..."

"Don't call me that. I'm Caesium for you now."

Even when my love was fading, I still tried hard to fall in love with him again. He was so good that it was not hard to love him. He was like a male wife, cooking for me and making sure I was well and comfortable. He remembers every important date, but some things should just end.

Oxy and I were not for each other.

"You have to remember what I told you; don't get fooled by those people and learn to be tolerant of drugs. No, better learn if a drink is drugged or not. Oxy..." Even now, I act like a mother hen worried that my child will get fooled again.

"... For the love of god, be well, okay?"

"But..." his eyes turned red, and tears were forced not to fall from those brown, beautiful, and innocent eyes. "I still love you... what should I do?" No matter how he forced it, tears still fell like waterfalls.

"Baby... Caesium, one more chance... please?"

My heart was pricked seeing his desperate face, but it would be unfair of me to give him another chance when I knew in myself that I didn't feel the same way about him. I will only hinder him from finding the person who will love him unconditionally.