Chapter 12: Piercing gaze

I met Novy four years ago at the University of London. He was a student doing undercover for a mission. His first words to me were, "You're so pretty. My brother will like you!" That approach caught me off-guard as he was a stranger to me. 

He longed for an omega brother and thought it would be easier for him since he and his beta brother didn't know anything about being an omega. So clueless, that you could even tell lies to him and he would believe it. 

Novy was so laid back, he acted as he wanted, said things in his mind without stopping, and didn't even take a break when he was in his hyper mode.

At a young age, his parents died leaving his brother to raise him. He had no idea where his brother took the money but all he knew was his brother went home every night with blood on his clothes.

Even so, he admires his brother for raising him. 

"I'm an assassin!" he said while scratching his head and smiling at me, but I could sense his anxiety. He was waiting for me to accept him. This guy could put his life in danger, I could tell the cops about him but he trusted me or maybe he thought he could just kill me if I did snitch on him.

He was so proud of his work saying that when he found out about his brother's job, he was then raised as an assassin too. The day he knew his brothers' work was the day he got the interest to try it. When the head of the group died, Luma took over not doing any more action but staying behind the scenes.

Novy got addicted to seeing blood, he protected those important to him and slashed the throat of those who were insignificant in his eyes. There were only two people on his list of protection, Luma and me, his newfound brother.

If anyone bullies me, they will surely see blood. I was also wondering if he was the one who saved me that night. Novy was always there when I needed help.

Now, my friend was doing what?! A BDSM?! What kind of trickery did Yvon do to make him agree? Or maybe, Novy was forced out of his will?! I hope not, that would be devastating.

"Ha... hahaha... psycho. Hahaha..." My laughter echoed inside the room, everyone had their eyes on me, "Are you taking him back to London?"

"No, I have to wait for him to wake up and ask him."

"You can bring him to my house," I have to see that asshole and laugh at him. Hope he won't crush me to do death though.

"How about Yvon?" Luma asked. Yvon is an enemy but today I am willing to let him enter my house for the sake of my friend.

"Oh. I forgot. I'll send you an address, I'll meet you there."

After talking, everyone was waiting for me to explain. Sigh, of course, I had to lie again. As much as I want everyone to know, I have to make them feel at ease. Who would want a son and a brother who is an assassin? A hired killer? No one, I bet.

"Father, brothers... darling, it was a spur of the moment. The guy wanted to bed us. What else can we do? Should we just strip and please him?" I made sure I had the most innocent and pitiable eyes so that I would appear as believable as I could. I even called Vand Darling so I could touch his heart!

"Then, it was only right that you beat him," Father said while rubbing my head. My father was more biased toward me, and my brothers did not mind since they all loved me equally. However, I can sense the budding anger in their hearts.

"Master, did he cause you your wound?" Oops! Vand, how dare you?! I was trying to hide that!

"What wound?!" Three voices sound together. My wound was already healed; it was not bleeding. Why did you bring it up, Sir?! Even a small bruise will make these three crazies; how much more a long, shallow wound?

"He had a long knife wound on his arms," Vand said with self-loathing. My father folded my sleeves and saw the gauze from my elbow down to the middle.

"It was just right that you beat him up! How dare he hurt my lovely son?!" Father faces Vand and asks, "Where were you? Why was he hurt?!"

I have to interrupt before this gets bigger: "Father, I sneaked out. Don't blame him." Silver and Hydro were silent, but I knew that they were about to beat Vand for this wound. I can't have my alpha crippled before getting legal with him!

"Why did my son kiss you?"

"Oh, Father, why else could it be? Vand is going to be my alpha; who else should I kiss? The chief?"

"Don't even try kissing Zlato!" A roar came from Silver, embracing Zlato even more. I hope he can still breathe.

"Yeah. Yeah, whatever."

Hydro still kept silent all this time, standing in the corner with a piercing gaze. Was he not tired?! I pity his eyes. "I have to leave and meet my friend; I'll bring Vand with me-"

"Let Vand and Dad talk; I will go with you." This time Hydro spoke, but it was surprising that he wanted to go with me. No, he can't meet Luma! As far as I know, Hydro does not like Omega, and with Luma's face... Urghh! My brothers, I still want to see your cute mini-me's.

Forget it. Forget it... Let them decide for themselves.

"Okay."

I left Vand after an embrace and a wish that he survived Father and Silver's interrogation. May you survive, my dear alpha. We are still yet to make a lot of cubs, so make sure you live until tomorrow!

"Hydro, don't make a fuss whatever the situation we see, okay?" I had to warn him. Yvon was there. Novy fainted, and Luma—Luma is his type! When I saw Luma before, especially when the guy bathed and wore a tuxedo, I promised myself not to let my brother see him.

"I'm not a kid." Yeah, please remember that you were not a kid and compose yourself later. I know how you act when you see someone you like! You can't fool me with your 'I'm not a kid' thing!

There was a house under my name at the end of the city. It can be considered a farm, with no houses around it. It was safe for them to be a hideout. Thirty minutes after we left the mansion, we arrived at the hideout.

Outside were black vans and people roaming around wearing full black and a mask, "CS."

When I stepped out of the car, everyone greeted me. I was considered someone important because I'm close to Novy and Luma. "CS?" Hydro asks with his eyebrow raised.

"My nickname," I answered, not giving him time to ask more.

At the door, Luma greeted me. His hair was disheveled but his brown eyes sparkled under the lights. His mask was lowered, and he appeared so manly with his chest muscles highlighted in his tight-fitting clothes.

"Where's Novy?"

"Upstairs," he answered with clear helplessness in his tone.

His gun was inserted in his back, guiding one's eyes to his buttocks. I glanced at Hydro, and as I thought, my brother was frozen in place! His eyes fixed on Luma while, from time to time, looking at me. I know what that look means!

"Oh, Luma. This is Hydro, my brother."

Hydro walked towards Luma and took his hand without waiting for the guy to speak or extend his hand first. Brother, that's not how it works!

Whack!

With his quick reflex, my brother's hand was slapped away. Oh. Shoot, sorry, Hydro, but I want to laugh right now! However, my brother did not seem to be affected, as he was still looking at Luma. This is what love at first sight can do to someone.

"I'm Hydro." Yes, yes, brother, I already said your name. Hydro extended his hand and smiled at Luma. His smile was pure but with hidden motives, like taming a wild wolf. "Nice to meet you."