Chapter 16: Wrap yourself around me

Vand was startled, and he frowned. His hand that was kneading my back stopped. It made me anxious and afraid. I wouldn't mind if I didn't know that he was my mate, but it was a different story now that he told me.

"Darling," he took a deep breath, brushed my hair, fixed it, and then rubbed my earlobe. "How can I mark you when you don't even remember the night we met?" There was a pain in his eyes; the sparkle from before was lost and replaced by a dimmed light.

"Also, I have to formally ask your family for approval. Whether I'm your mate or not, I have to respect them. Caesium, can you wait for me until then?" How can I not wait? How can I refuse when you treat me like this?

But it was true; I don't remember how we met or why he said I was his mate. It still bugs me how it's possible.

"I can wait. Then can you tell me about that night?" I should not have drunk too much that night, and I should have brought Novy with me. However, if Novy had been there, we might not have gone home without blood spilling.

Vand smiled at me and asked, "Do you trust me?" Well, sir, I already gave you myself! How dare you ask me if I trust you?!

"I do. I want to know so bad."

Vand straightened his body to face the ceiling while adjusting me to fit closely in his arms. He took a deep breath, as if preparing his mental state, and started to speak. "I was staying at a friend's house next to the house you were in; it was almost eleven in the evening, but the party had no sign of stopping."

"I decided to check and opened the window, then I saw you gulping the drink down, swaying your body, obviously drunk. Your eyes happened to glance in my direction, and we met eyes to eyes..." Vand suddenly let out a low growl, but it sounded mad and aggrieved.

He continued, "My body heated up, and my mind was screaming to take you, hold you, hide you, mate with you, and mark you. I knew that instant that you were my mate, but I guess you were so drunk to hear the voice in your head."

It was true; I was so drunk that I didn't even recognize the other drunk alpha who wanted to get his way with me, much less hear the voice in my head. The house that night had such a full-blast sound system that it would be hard to even hear each other.

But it's a pity I did not hear that wolf inside me. Almost everyone fantasizes about that day when you find your mate and you hear that inner voice telling you, 'That's the person! That's our mate!' but I was so full of alcohol to hear it. It sucks.

"And that filthy alpha!" Another growl escapes him. Vand faces me and bites me near my palm. "He dared to touch you and brought you to a room. I snapped and jumped out of the window, running without minding whom I bumped into."

"Caesium, if that alpha had stripped you that night or even kissed you anywhere in your body... I swear, I could have killed him. Nobody touches my omega except me."

That was a statement with pure and honest words. There was no doubting it; Vand would kill that alpha. Was that why he said not to let a random alpha kiss me? Did that scene burn in his head that he can still remember it?

"He was lucky that night that my friend ran after me. I sent you to the hospital, and my friend recognized you, so I came here for you. Unfortunately, you did not remember."

Wait. How could I remember if I was so drunk? "You said I'm drunk, right? We did not even talk."

"No, we did talk." He pinched my nose and chuckled. "But you might be still drunk that time; you were kissing me, calling me 'my alpha, my mate' and the doctor can't check you because you won't leave my side."

"When the doctor gave you an IV and you fell asleep, I went out to buy food for you, but you were gone when I returned. My run-away omega." He chuckled even more, amusing himself while remembering my most embarrassing moment.

"Are you sure you're telling the truth?" He must be making it all up! I'm not clingy when I'm drunk!

"See, you don't believe me, but it's okay. I have witnessed anyway."

"Who?!"

"My friend. He saw how you wrap yourself around me, haha."

"Hey!"

"Shh, darling. I also don't let you leave my side that night. I can't bear to be away from you." He rubbed my lips and let his thumb slide into my mouth, playing with my tongue, his gaze sticky as I opened my mouth and let out a soft moan, "I love you, Caesium."

His lips get closer to mine, biting my lip and kissing me slowly. "I love you even more now." His waist rubs against mine, encircling his legs around my body, imprisoning me and never letting me escape.

"I love how ignorant you are, how you can defend yourself and beat alphas," his hand slid down to my buttocks, kneading it, caressing it, and slapping it. "The way you seduce me but feel shy after, your bratty attitude." Going further down, his finger found the entrance of my hole, teasing and pleasing it.

"I love how your body reacts to me, your scent, and your every word," the tip of his finger entered, slowly rubbing the walls inside with one finger and two fingers. "I love how your insides twitch whenever I kiss you and bite you," three fingers in, rotating and twirling inside me, thrusting in and out.

"Darling, I love you with every blood in my body and every fiber of my being." He took out his fingers, and his hand lifted my legs as he plunged his erected weapon inside me again. "Haa... darling, you're so delicious. I can't get enough of you."

"Mmm, Vand, my love... I-" he thrust hard, deep, and thirsty. "my- haa... you still have, mmm... strength?" he thrust again as if answering my question.

"I always have strength for you, my Caesium."

I was flipped over another time until Vand had his fill, and I had my fill too. Honestly, I would want more rounds if I were not so exhausted. Vand brought me to the bathroom for the second time and cleaned me up.

In my hazy and sleepy moment, I seem to have a feeling that I forgot something again but can't find in my memory what that was. It might not be important, or I might remember it when I wake up.

I was tucked into the bed and embraced into sleep. I smelled Vand's woody scent, and it gave me comfort, making my mind clear. At that very moment, I remembered what I had forgotten. No, rather, it was what we forgot!

I sat up in surprise and said in a high voice, "Condom! Urghh, fuck! My back..."