28.

"Annie, I don't understand," Promise said, a note of confusion in his voice. "What are you doing here at this time?"

"I didn't get a chance to talk to you at school today, so I decided to come by your house," Annie explained.

Promise raised an eyebrow. "So, what did you want to talk about?"

"Where's Faith?" Annie asked, her voice sounding a bit panicked.

"Why do you ask?" Promise replied, a note of suspicion in his voice. "Are you here to get information for the Light Team?"

"No!" Annie protested, her voice rising in volume. "I've quit the Light Team. I want nothing to do with them anymore.

"Why?" Promise asked, his voice filled with surprise.

"I thought it's what you wanted," Annie replied, her voice small and full of uncertainty. "I thought that if I did this, you would forgive me."

"Annie, what's wrong with you?" Promise asked, frustration tingeing his voice. "I told you to stop this. I'm not interested in your silly games anymore."

"But I can't stop," Annie said, her voice pleading. "I love you, Promise."

"I've told you to stop," Promise replied, his voice stern. "This has to stop."

"Don't you have any feelings for me?" Annie asked, her voice trembling with emotion.

"I think it's best if you go home," Promise said, avoiding the question.

"But..." Annie started to say, but she was cut off by the sound of the door closing behind her.

Promise had left her standing there, her heart breaking. She had been so close to getting what she wanted, but now it felt like it was slipping through her fingers.

She turned and slowly walked away from the door, her steps heavy with sadness.

"Treating a girl like that is wrong," Faith said as he entered the house, her eyes full of concern.

"I told her to stop," Promise replied, frustration evident in his voice. "She just wouldn't listen."

"Do you really think you can control your heart like that?" Faith asked, her tone gentle but firm. "It's not as simple as just deciding to turn your feelings off."

Promise sighed, feeling helpless. "I don't know what to do," he said, his voice sounding defeated.

"You like her, don't you?" Annie asked, a knowing smile on her face.

"I don't know," Promise replied, his voice evasive.

"Come on, you can't fool me," Annie said, giving him a playful nudge. "I can see the way you look at her."

"I don't know what to do," Promise said, sounding lost. "What if I get hurt?"

"You have to take a risk," Faith said, standing up from the couch. "You don't want to look back and regret not taking a chance, do you?"

"Where are you going?" Promise asked.

"I'm going to the mall," Faith replied.

"Do you want me to come with you?" he asked, eager to spend more time with her.

"No, it's not necessary," she said with a smile. "I'll be fine on my own."

He felt a pang of disappointment, but he respected her decision."Alright," he said, forcing a smile.
🎶🎶🎶
As Faith entered the mall, she was surprised to see Missy running towards her, a wide smile on her face.