13. I love her voice

Faith was serving coffee and chatting with customers. It was a slow day, and she was enjoying the relaxed atmosphere. Just then, the door swung open and in walked Rose and Winnie.

"Hey, baby girl!" Rose shouted, waving her arms wildly.

"Shhhh!" Faith hissed, gesturing for Rose to be quiet. "You're disturbing the customers."

"Oh, sorry," Rose said, her voice dropping to a whisper. "Can we talk inside?"

"Of course," Faith said, leading the way to the back room. She closed the door behind them, turning to face her old friends. "So, what's going on?"

"Hold on a sec," Faith said, heading towards the kitchen. "Let me get some snacks for us."

She grabbed a few bags of chips and some sodas, returning to the back room. "Okay, now what's going on?" she asked, opening a bag of chips and offering it to Rose and Winnie.

"It's nothing major," Rose said, accepting a chip. "We just missed you, you know?

"Yeah, it's been a while," Winnie chimed in.

"I know you're both busy with your own teams for the competition," Faith said.

"About that," Rose said, a sheepish smile on her face. "Can you believe that the Light Team is looking for a new member?"

"A new member?" Faith asked, her eyebrows raised.

  "they're holding an audition tomorrow."Winnie said

"Wow, that's crazy," Faith said, her mind racing. "Do you think they'll find someone good?"

"I know that look," Rose said, a knowing smile on her face. "Don't you even think about it."

"Think about what?" Faith asked, doing her best to look innocent.

"Don't play coy with me," Rose said, rolling her eyes. "I know you're thinking about joining the audition."

"I never said that!" Faith protested, but she couldn't hide the excitement in her voice.

Winnie laughed. "You're so easy to read, you know that?" she said, shaking her head.

"So, let me try out for the audition," Faith said, her voice firm.

"No, join our team instead," Rose said, her tone pleading.

"I don't want to join your team," Faith said, shaking her head.

"But why not?" Winnie asked, confused. "We'd love to have you on our team."

"It's nothing," Faith said, her voice soft. "I just want to try out for the audition on my own."

"Do whatever you want," Rose said, throwing up her hands in exasperation.

Faith smiled, relieved that the conversation was over. "Thanks for understanding," she said.

"We'll always understand you," Winnie said, giving Faith a hug. "Even if we don't always agree with your choices."

"That means a lot to me," Faith said, hugging Winnie back.

                         🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶

Promise was busy working behind the bar when Annie walked in, a mischievous grin on her face. She sidled up to the counter, leaning in close to Promise.

"What can I get for you?" Promise asked, doing his best to ignore Annie's flirtatious gaze.

"I just wanted to thank you for yesterday," Annie said, her voice sincere. "Your advice really meant a lot to me."