14. choose one

"I'm marking you in," Collins finally said, and Faith jumped up on the stage in excitement. Bella clenched her fists, but managed a fake smile.

"You can leave now, please," Eva said to Faith, her voice cold. "We need some space to think."

"There's nothing to think about," Annie said, shaking her head. "She's in, that's final."

Eva slammed her hand down on the table. "Are you deaf?" she shouted at Faith, who quickly rushed out of the room.

"What was that all about?" Gerald asked, looking at  Eva in confusion.

"We're not accepting her into the team," Eva said, her voice firm. "I won't let her ruin what we've built here."

"But she's good," Collins protested. "I mean, she has a great voice and she can compose songs. What more do you want?"

Bella stood up, her eyes flashing with anger. "What the hell does it matter if she can sing and compose? Can she dance on stage? Can she interact with the crowd? Those are the things that matter."

"I know that," Collins said, trying to keep his cool. "But we can work with her on those things."

"No," Bella said, shaking her head. "I won't allow it.

"I thought you two were friends," Annie said, her voice a mix of anger and confusion. "You were supposed to be best friends. Why are you talking about her like that?"

"I was never her friend," Bella said, her words like knives. "She's nothing to me."

Annie felt a hot rage build inside her. "You should be ashamed of yourself," she said. "You're the fake one here. You're the one who's nobody. Is that clear?"

"Oh, please, Annie," Michelle said, her voice dripping with scorn. "When did you start defending that fat, useless girl? When did you start caring about her?"

Annie felt the anger rise within her. "She's not useless," she said, her voice low and dangerous. "And speaking of useless, you're the useless one here."Michelle slapped her hard across the face, and Annie retaliated immediately, slapping her back.

"I've had enough of your stupidity," Annie said, turning to face everyone in the room."If Faith is not joining this team," Annie said, her voice shaking with anger, "then count me out as well. I won't be a part of this if you're going to treat her like that." And with that, she turned on her heel and stormed out of the room. The door slammed behind her, leaving the others in stunned silence.

"She's really grown wings, hasn't she?" Eva said, her voice incredulous. "She has the nerve to stand up to us like that."

"You need to calm down," Collins said, trying to reason with her. "Faith is joining the team, whether you like it or not. That's the end of the discussion."

"Like hell it is!" Michelle said, her voice shrill. "I won't allow her to join. Not now, not ever."

"What the hell is your problem?" Gerald said, his voice raised in anger. "We're in the last round, and we need every member we can get. Do you have a song to give us? No, you don't. So what's your problem with Faith joining us? Are you trying to sabotage us and make us lose? Because that's what's going to happen if you keep this up. I'm done with this, I'm out of here."With that, he stormed out, followed by Dave. The others stared at each other in shock,

"Collins, we can't let her join our team," Bella said, sitting down beside him. "It's a bad omen. She'll bring nothing but trouble"

Collins turned to face her, his eyes blazing. "You're the bad omen here," he said, his voice low and dangerous. "If you don't stop this nonsense, I'll kick you out myself. Do I make myself clear?" Bella shrank back, taken aback by his ferocity. and she didn't know how to respond.