2.

Faith packed up her books and writing materials, ready to head home from school. As she was about to leave, she saw Romeo approaching her.

"Are you heading home?" Romeo asked.

"No, actually I'm headed to the cafe to help my mom out," Faith replied. "Rose is waiting for me there, too."

"Rosemary, you mean?" Romeo asked, a slight smile on his face.

"Yes, Rosemary," Faith said, a little exasperated at the confusion.

"I see, I see," Romeo said, nodding his head. "Then I think I'll come along with you. Let's go together, let me help you with your bag

"I can carry my bag myself," Faith said, smiling at Romeo's chivalry. "What I really need your help with is convincing my mom to let me apply for the scholarship. Will you help me with that?"

"Anything for you," Romeo said. "But, if you don't mind me asking, is there a particular reason you're so keen on going to the school? Is it because of him?" Romeo asked, a knowing glint in his eye.

"Yes, you're right," Faith said, blushing slightly. "I can't wait to see him again. I hope he'll still recognize me after all this time."

"But you know he's a very arrogant and rude guy, right?" Romeo said, a hint of annoyance in his voice.

"I don't care about that," Faith said, sighing wistfully. "I've loved him for as long as I can remember, and I'm determined to make him love me back."

"You're dreaming," Romeo said, shaking his head. "You're going to get yourself hurt.that guy will never love you back," Romeo said, sounding exasperated. "Why don't you just move on and find someone else who will appreciate you for who you are?"

Faith's heart felt like it had been stabbed with a knife"Stop it!" Faith said, her voice sounding hurt. "I know that I'm not the kind of girl that he usually goes for, and that I'm not particularly pretty or thin. But I can't just give up on him. I love him too much to let go without trying. I hope you understand."

Romeo looked at her, his eyes full of regret. "I'm so sorry," he said. "I didn't mean to upset you.

"It's okay," Faith said, trying to pull herself together. "What about Bella? Where is she?"

"She said she had something important to do at home, so she left," Romeo said.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

The bell rang, signaling the end of class, and Lisa let out a big yawn. "I'm so tired," she said

.
"Same here," Sofia said, rubbing her eyes. "I'm also starving."

"Let's get out of here," Lisa said, quickly packing up her things. "It's closing time."

"Did you drive here?" Sofia asked.

"Nope," Lisa said, "but I know Oliver came with his car. I'm heading home with my brother, and I don't want him to leave without me. See you tomorrow!" With that, she rushed out of the classroom.

"Where did she run off to?" Oliver asked, walking up to Sofia with Adam in tow.

Sofia smiled. "Apparently, she's catching a ride home with her brother," she said. "She didn't drive here today."

Adam's stomach rumbled. "I'm starving," he said. "I think we should grab something to eat."
^^^^^^^
As Lisa hurried to the park, she saw Collins already climbing into a car and about to drive off. "Hey, Collins!" she yelled, but he didn't seem to hear her. "Wait!" she yelled again, but it was no use.