(MOTC) Chapter 18: Vigilantes

Start from the beginning

Jensen takes a step back very anxious to see the results of this one... the countdown goes from...

Voice: 5, 4, 3, 2, 1-

The countdown just reached to one... and the collider just exploded, very small explosion filled with purple electricity, as Jensen's hopes just fell after that. He lowered his arms disappointed.

Jensen: (voice) That was my 23rd attempt... it always ends the same way. Is like if God didn't want me to succeed in this.

Jensen: FUCK!!!

Jensen just swings a punch to the wall in the garage, punching through and quickly taking his fist off the wall. He was definitely panting in huge frustration and just looks down.

Jensen: (voice) I only knew her for slightly more than a week and she changed me so much. I did make peace with Liz but... guess old flames also take longer to put out, though we agreed to be just friends. That attempt was 4 weeks ago, but I must keep trying... but is the risk even worth it? Making a collider could create a hole through space and time, make a crack through the dimensional barrier that separates us, it can damage the web.

Scene returns to Scarlet-Spider seated in the ledge with the photo on hand, just to put it back on his belt.

Jensen: (voice) Cassandra Webb hasn't called me yet for the journey of a lifetime. The Totem told me about this Mirrorverse, the 5th dimension, a realm beyond our own 4th dimensional multiverse, is the reason why there's Infinite Multiverses in all of creation, the Web is long enough to cover it... the other multiverse are mirrors to each other, but like a mirror, is not a exact replica, there's small changes to it. I'm also trying to figure out who's my genetic father... and understanding my own genetic code... but it is all a mystery still... and one I wanna get over it.

Scarlet then just gets up from the ledge while his lenses showed a saddened expression. He heard something on his ear, which sounded like a walkie talkie, he checks his belt, seeing his radio, which was connected to his mask.

(Starts music)

???: (radio) Scarlet, can you hear me?

The voice was a female, as Scarlet taps his mask.

Scarlet: Yeah, loud and clear, Captain. What's wrong?

Captain: (radio) Dead body in East of Harlem, Park Avenue. You'll see where.

Scarlet: In building?

Captain: (radio) Yeah, how long till you arrive?

Scarlet: Not long, 2 minutes at best, I'll see you there.

He ends the call as he gives little jumps while showing some excitement.

Scarlet: Finally some entertainment.

Scarlet just leaps off the building, quickly doing a free fall just to shoot a web from his back wrist and web swing without any fear, in direction to Harlem.