(ITSV): Chapter 13: Leap of Faith

Noir: Has she said anything?

Noir was with his arms crossed, talking to Peter, Spider-Ham in the Spider-Cave on top of SP//dr and Peni leaning to the robot. Peter looked at Gwen who was seated in a chair... holding Scarlet Spider's mask in her hand. In front of her was his body covered in a white blanket.

Peter: No... she just... sat there, and that's about it, she hasn't screamed or cried or has thrown things... she just sat there.

Peter slightly looks down and walks away grabbing his mask.

Peter: I'm going to check on Miles, you guys with me?

Noir looks at Gwen and later at Peter, nodding at the OG.

Noir: All right, I guess she needs some time alone.

Spider-Ham: Or someone to comfort her.

Noir: She hasn't talked to anyone, not even May.

Peni: His death... must have made her remember a tragic event in her life... but she thinks he could've saved him, that's what she thinks at least.

As the three talk, Peter walks to Gwen who still held the mask in her hands... she passes her thumb on the red right lens of the mask. His red lensed glasses were in his chest. Peter slowly puts a hand on her shoulder, which she didn't react to.

Peter: Will you be, okay?

Gwen doesn't say anything, closing her eyes, as Peter sighs, taking his hand off her shoulder.

Peter: We were... gonna check on Miles, was gonna ask if...

Gwen: I'll go...

Peter: Y-You don't have to, Gwen.

Gwen: Is okay... (slowly stands up) I'll go. Just... give me a minute with him.

Peter: (nodding) Yeah, sure.

Peter walks away as Gwen stays standing in front of the covered body. She puts the mask under the glasses... as she slowly pulls the blanket, showing his head, though his eyes closed at the blood cleaned from his mouth. She slowly puts her hand on his hair, caressing just for a second.

Gwen: Say hi to Peter for me.

She covers his head again and slowly walks away, pulling the hood on her costume, covering it. As she walks away, a spider crawls to the blanket... then another and another.

Brooklyn Visions Academy

Miles was in his own dorm, recently from swinging from... during the fight between Gwen, Jensen against Li. Aaron figured out who Miles really was... making him hesitate to kill his own nephew... and the moment he decided to not do it... Fisk pulled the trigger on Aaron, killing him... and Miles' father knows that a Spider-Man was by Aaron's body. The only reason Miles didn't die was thanks to Peter.

Aaron: (voice) I'm sorry. I wanted you to look up to me. I let you down, man. I let you down. You're the best of all of us, Miles. You're on your way. Just keep going. Just keep going.

His voice was still in his head... seeing him die as well. Miles takes the mask off. The moment he throws it... he starts to destroy the room, filled with anger and regret. The books, the lamps, the monitor, everything. When he saw the book of the drawings he made... the ones he did the same way Aaron did... he closes it and throws it through the window.

But seconds later... the book boomerangs back to Miles, who catches it. Looking confused, he sees Peter climbing, then Gwen, Noir and Spider-Ham, and from the other window was Peni. They walk to Miles, who cleans his tears, looking down.