(ITSV) Chapter 9: The Death of Peter Parker

The sound of firetrucks and ambulances was heard, as well as the police. Spider-Woman was slowly waking up from the fall, she could feel a pair of arms wrapped around her, as she looks down seeing Scarlet looking away but his lenses almost closed... he was out cold. She looks to see they were in a sewer but not in the filthy waters, just to look up and see the crater they did. She looks at him breaking the grip of his arms and was now on top of him trying to wake him up.

Spider-Woman: Jay... wake up.

He didn't even groan... he was completely out cold. She slowly gets up from him and looks at both sides of the sewer, just grab his arm and lift him, putting him on her shoulders. She looks at his face still passed out, just to leap out of the sewer, landing by the hole they made, which was luckily in another alley... good thing this city has tons of those.

Spider-Woman: Let's get you to safety.

She makes a huge jump and swing to a higher building, wrapping her arm around Scarlet's body. She swings quickly, landing on a roof, putting Scarlet on the ground and she was knelt taking a deep breath.

(Starts music)

???: We interrupt this broadcast for a special report.

Spider-Woman heard that and walked to the edge of a roof... seeing a lot of screens, but they all had the same thing.

Reporter: Sad news tonight. The hero known as Spider-Man has died after injuries related to another powerful earthquake in Brooklyn.

Spider-Woman's eyes widened seeing the news, as she slowly takes her mask off seeing the screen. Scarlet slowly woke up, as he groans... but sees Gwen standing on the ledge, showing her back maskless. He looked confused seeing her shoulders shiver... her hands down, as he walks to her... but also sees the screen.

Reporter: Multiple sources are confirming that Peter Parker, a 26-year-old grad student and part-time photographer operated as Spider-Man for at least a decade.

Scarlet slowly takes his mask off seeing the screen... which showed a blond and older Peter Parker... one that grew... who managed to marry MJ... who had a life after school.

Jensen blinked a few times looking saddened, as a few tears dropped down, but he looked at Gwen the moment he heard a sniff... he slowly puts his hand on her shoulder, causing her to look back... he saw her eyes slowly turning red and mire tears dropping down than him. She went and hugged Jensen in a tight one, she puts her jaw in his neck, but then buries it in his shoulder... as he heard her cry loudly. He kept himself strong... he is trying right now to stay strong... he is trying... he wasn't his Peter Parker... he wasn't the Peter Parker that he knew in his school...

Nevertheless, he was a Peter Parker, a possibility... this is a world where Peter became Spider-Man... where he graduated. For Jensen... this was him failing Peter again. He puts a hand on the back of Gwen's head and hugs her tight, slowly shedding more tears.

Reporter: He is survived by his wife, Mary Jane, and his aunt, May Parker. Our hero, Spider-Man, is gone.

Hours later, the two stayed in the roof, as Gwen was actually sleeping in a stolen mattress, with a pillow and blanket also stolen. Jensen was seated in a ledge, as he grabs something from his utility belt, grabbing a photo he had kept, he saw himself definitely before the fall to the darkness, with a scientist coat and the glasses and his Peter by his side, both with thumbs up showing the medal for winning the science fair. A tear drops in the photo with Jensen closing his eyes, still holding the photo.