Fate

Taehyung knew something was wrong since the time he entered his apartment and discovered the lights of his apartment turned on. His assumptions turned out to be true when he caught the sight of his dead brother's husband standing in his kitchen making himself a cup of coffee as if he owned the apartment.

Taehyung’s heart lurched in his chest, as his abdomen heated up and his knees bucked forward when he saw him after the lapse of three years. Three years. Three years of sleepless nights and sobbing heart. Three years of dying everyday with guilt and feeling stabs of sharp salty knives right in the middle of his chest. Three years of him regretting that one move of his that didn't just ruin him emotionally but also ended up taking away Jungkook from him.

His presence in his life.

Taehyung blinked his eyes at him, as he took a long time in absorbing the sight before him and making himself believe that he was really there and Taehyung wasn't hallucinating. Jungkook was there. In his apartment. Jungkook turned himself and met Taehyung’s gaze, who was standing at the doorstep watching him with widened clueless eyes.

Taehyung watched him back, and then cleared his throat, walking inside with rather staggering steps. " Wh- what are you doing here? " He asked, despite trying his best to not sound broken and in pain, his tone gave it all up and threw his efforts to stand potent infront of Jungkook in vain.

Jungkook sat himself on the stool casually, his fingers toying with the cup of coffee. " Is this how you are going to greet me after three years? "

The mention of three years had Taehyung finally breaking down. The effort he was doing to stand himself upright infront of him to let Jungkook know that his absence in his life and his rejection that day didn't effect him in the least, he failed. Throwing away the bag he had slung on his shoulder, Taehyung ground his jaws and stalked towards Jungkook, standing right infront of him, narrowing his eyes at him,

" How do you assume am going to welcome you? You entered my apartment, broke through the locks, invaded my privacy and- " He motioned towards the cup of coffee in Jungkook’s hand, " This? What is this about? What do you want? What are you doing here? Do you want me to go through that same reject- "

Jungkook at once got up from the stool and wrapped his fingers around Taehyung's elbow, stopping his words in the middle and towered him, looking at him in the eyes. " Don't. Don't think that it was about you. It wasn't- "

Taehyung swallowed through his dry throat, feeling his chest getting filled with tears and his heart being throttled, with invisible hands penetrating through it and taking away tiny bits and pieces of little normal life remained inside him.

Jungkook stared him, the hurt and sorrow in his as visible and vivid as it was a part of his being as he watched Taehyung with his doe eyes flickering from Taehyung’s blue ones to his pinkish lush lips. Taehyung felt the ache in his chest and his stomach rising when Jungkook pulled him closer and traced his thumb tenderly over his cheek, getting rid of the tear that managed to escape Taehyung’s beautiful eyes.

Just when his thumb came in contact with Taehyung's skin without anything separating them, Taehyung bit back a sob when he felt his insides coming out alive as the spark of life ran through him. Feeling himself loosing his energy and fearing that if he stayed like that in Jungkook’s hands for a long time, then it was certain that he would be ending up begging Jungkook to hold him and never leave for the rest of his life, Taehyung shook his head gently, as his eyes filled up to the brim and thick hot tears rolled down his rosy cheeks.

" Don't. Don't give me hope again. Don- don't look at me like this. Jus- just don't, Jungkook. It hurts me. "

Jungkook looked down at him, and then a curtain separating fantasy from real life snapped making Jungkook land in a real world where he was actually standing with Taehyung in his arms and his tears uncontrollably falling down his cheeks. Because of him.