True Mates

Taehyung was standing in a grocery store, buying stuff for himself and his son. He could feel the stretch in his muscles, stiffened joints and a killing headache. The muscles of his finger were vibrating, rising a heart drowning pain in every single inch of his skin.

Being a single father wasn't easy. Especially, not in Canada.

He worked as a P.A for the Min's Company. His boss was cold but he was caring and gentle. He was rude to the people who deserved his rudeness, and kind to people who deserved it. The word ' Fake' didn't exist in his life. He was pure, from outside and inside.

Taehyung loved his job. But, it was exhausting. He had to work late night making the schedule for his boss, arranging meetings, making calls and sometimes he also had to deal with being a victim of his Boss' tantrums and anger issues.

It wasn't easy. Especially, the fact that he couldn't spend quality time with his baby and his son had to spend most of his time with his neighbour, Jin.

Sometimes he felt like Jin was more of a great father to his son than him. He couldn't play with him, he couldn’t listen to his babbles, he couldn’t feed him afternoon lunch. It hurt him as well as the thought of giving him the life his baby deserved put him to ease for what he was doing.

He wanted to give his baby the perfect life. The life he wished to have in his childhood.

Taehyung was busy grasping the packets and shoving it in the basket, calculating how much money he had left and how was he going to buy everything that he needed in the little money which was left with him.

He knew his baby was walking beside him by holding his pants. He could feel his little tiny hands clutching over the fabric of his pants. So, he didn't look down and kept walking.

Upon seeing the price of everything he felt himself sweating at every corner he turned to. Inflation rate was increasing day by day, whereas his salary was just the same. There wasn't any increase, and they got increment after two years.

It was difficult to afford everything in a little amount. His sons milk price, clothes, pampers, medicine for emergency use, wet tissues, lotion..etc, the price of everything was heaven kissing. And arranging his grocery with that, along with their clothes? It wasn't easy. He didn't even know what more he was going to do for that.

He couldn't even apply for a second job because this job was already consuming his efforts, energy and time to the point that sometimes he didn't get to sleep and just laid himself beside his son to gain the energy back before heading back to work.

Standing at the last section, which his son's favorite as it contained alot of small cars which he loved to take every month. Just one car. Taehyung looked down at his leg, coming out of the tension making a hurricane in his head and realising that his son wasn't there.

A rush of panick took over him. His hands lost their hold on the basket, and he whirled around looking all over the section with already blurring vision.

His son. His only reason of living. He couldn't without him. His baby.

Taehyung ran not realising that he was yelling the words, " My son! My- my son! Taejung! Taejung, love...where are you! " repeatedly, with streams of tears rolling over his cheeks and soaking them up.

His heart felt like beating almost at the point of bursting out. He could feel his stomach clenching itself and sinking down. His lower abdomen was at the verge of being annihilated by the continous twists and folds.

His chest rose up and down as he ran all around the mall, looking for his son where people gave him pitiful and sympathetic glances on the way, seeing how pathetically he was sobbing. And why wouldn't he sob like that?