NINETEEN - Wishful thinking

Isabella

Waking up being spooned by Knux felt like a dream to Isabella. It was difficult to describe just how much better she felt than just a day ago.

She had slept the whole night through without any nightmares or memories waking her up. She was so happy that she and Knux were finally reunited that her heart felt like it was about to burst. The underlying fear that she had carried around while at the hospital was gone. Nothing could keep them apart anymore.

Knux mumbled something intelligible into her hair and Isabella snuggled deeper into his chest. His arm wrapped around her a little tighter. Probably he had told her to go back to sleep. He wasn't an early riser by nature.

Isabella let Knux sleep, while she lay awake in his arms. Her mind was making some noise again but when she concentrated on his soft snoring it didn't bother her too much. His presence alone helped calm the chaos inside of her.

When the small digital clock on the desk showed that they had to get up to be in time for her appointment with the doctor, Isabella slowly tried to turn around in Knux's embrace. It wasn't an easy task because even when sleeping his hold was tight.

"Precious," he grumbled, clearly not happy about having to wake up, yet.

She wiggled some more until he lifted his leg and arm a bit and she could move. Her face was now below his and she looked up to be able to give him a kiss, but only reached his chin.

"Hmmm."

He made another sleepy, not very content sound.

Isabella wished she would be able to tell him why she was rousing him from sleep. Since she couldn't, she placed more kisses along his jaw. Maybe it would making waking up a bit nicer. She wiggled one hand free and placed it on his chest giving him light scratches, that she knew he liked.

"Hmmm."

This time the sound was not as grumpy as before.

She kept kissing along his jaw and neck. His beard stubbles were tickling her lips.

"Hmmm."

Now he sounded rather positive.

Isabella had to smile. Her wake up method was working.

"Hmmm. Are you spoiling daddy already so early in the morning, babygirl?" He asked in a rough, sleepy voice.

She grinned just kept kissing whatever part of him that she could reach. He deserved all her kisses and more. Yesterday, other things had been much more important, but now she had to remediate that. 

Kissing was medicine for the soul. She had read that somewhere.

Strong hands shifted her around until she laid on top of him with her chest pressed against his. 

"I've missed waking up with you," he told her and then his lips found hers.

Within seconds, the noise inside of Isabella's head vanished. There was no space for anything but the feeling of complete bliss. All missing pieces were suddenly in place and she felt whole again. Knux kissed her like he wanted to make up for not being able to in the last months and she kissed him back the same way.

It was happiness and perfection molded into one.

***

When they finally reached the hospital, they were close to running late. They had been kissing for a long time.

A very long time.

And then they had cuddled and kissed some more.

And then they had been in a terrible rush, when Isabella had written down for Knux the time of her appointment.