FIFTEEN - A good spare

Trigger warning: this chapter might be triggering for some people as it includes assault and short-term memory loss. Please take caution when reading.

Isabella

Her chest felt like it was on fire. The pain from not breathing was almost unbearable. 

She needed air. But there was none going into her lungs.

She just wanted to breathe.

She didn't want to die.

Just when the pain became too much, darkness welcomed her, washing away the panic and despair.

She was safe at last.

No more pain.

***

Beep.

Beep.

Beep.

Beep.

Beep.

The sound was quiet but persistent and it was the first thing that she noticed. Her body hurt and she was unbelievably tired. Maybe it was best to go back to the comfort of sleep. There she didn't feel the pain.

"She's waking up."

"I'll go get the doctor."

She heard the voices but couldn't associate them with anyone.

Who was talking?

Couldn't they just let her sleep?

She wasn't ready to wake up.

"Izzy? Can you hear me?"

Who was Izzy?

There was movement next to her and someone touched her hand. Slowly her eyes fluttered open on their own accord.

Where was she?

As her eyes slowly adjusted to the light, she noticed that she was laying in a hospital room.

What was she doing here?

A pretty, young woman with light blonde hair and blue eyes was sitting on the edge of the bed and holding her hand.

Who was this person that touched her so familiarly?

Should she know her?

"Hey Izzy, you're finally awake," the blonde woman said and then started to wipe her own eyes as if she was drying tears.

Who was Izzy?

"I thought dad had really killed you." The blonde woman actually started sobbing.

She pulled her eyebrows together in confusion. 

What was the blonde woman talking about?

Someone had tried to kill her?