Chapter 74 - Expansion (3)

Start from the beginning

“It’s a small room, but so many things happened here.”

Kang Woojin had a bittersweet expression. But he couldn’t linger.

With a swift motion, it was time to say goodbye. As Woojin put on his shoes, he lightly tapped the shoe cabinet.

“I’m off then-”

It was a farewell to the studio apartment that had been his home. Finally, Kang Woojin, with his ‘Mise-en-scène Film Festival’ trophy in hand, closed the door of the studio apartment. A moving truck and Woojin’s van were waiting outside.

-Thud!

Both vehicles set off as soon as Woojin got into his van, and about an hour later, they stopped near the bw Entertainment building. It was an officetel near Samseong station. As Kang Woojin entered his new residence, he was taken aback.

‘Wow… This place is amazing.’

If there were no people around, he would have run around cheering. The new house was that splendid. It looked at least twice as big as the studio apartment. To others, it might have looked ordinary, but in Kang Woojin’s eyes, it was nothing less than a palace. Even appliances like the TV and refrigerator were already in place.

It was bw Entertainment’s consideration.

Everything about Kang Woojin had changed. A new house, a new life, a new job, unfamiliar acquaintances in the entertainment industry, and more. Woojin was slowly starting to feel like an actor.

The people around him had changed as well.

His noisy friends still messaged in group chats, treating Kang Woojin as a full-fledged actor.

-Woojin: Moving done.

-Dae-yeong: Congrats, Mr. Actor. I’ll come to make it messy soon.

-Kyung-sung: Housewarming party, let’s go. Invite Hong Hye-yeon, let’s go.

-Hyeong-gu: Housewarming party, let’s go. Invite Hong Hye-yeon, let’s go x2.

-Woojin: Shut up, animals.

-Kyung-sung: Have you seen Hwalin in person, Kang-star? Isn’t she beautiful?

-Woojin: Yes yes yes.

-Hyeong-gu: Kang-star ‘Park-Dae-ri’, come back. It feels odd without you in Hanryang.

Woojin’s parents were the same.

“Uh, Mom.”

“Yes, our actor Kang. Are you eating well? Want me to send you some porridge?”

“Mom’s porridge is good even if it’s cooled down.”

“No- I’ll come and cook it for you.”

“What?? It’s okay. Porridge. I’ll just buy some here. I’ve been eating well.”

“Alright. Your father and I are watching your show. You appear occasionally in flashbacks since you died.”

“…Mom. I’m alive.”

“Oh, you know, here, you’re a superstar to my friends and guests. Have I told you?”

Inside an actual porridge shop in Jinju, there was a huge poster of Kang Woojin. On both walls. Probably chosen by Woojin’s parents themselves.

When some customers asked about the poster,

“Is this the hot new actor these days? Are you a fan, owner?”

Seo Hyun-mi and Kang Woo-chul proudly answered simultaneously,