Chapter 73 - Expansion (2)

Start from the beginning

Choi Sung-gun clicked on the video. The first episode of ‘Sports Day’ had a runtime of 22 minutes, which is long for a YouTube video. The video started with a shot of a building where the filming would begin, transitioning to the interior. There’s a long table with a poster for ‘Profiler Hanryang’ displayed in the studio.

No one was there yet.

An empty table was shown, with audio of the staff chatting in the background including PD Yoon Byung-seon.

[“We have a lot of big stars coming today, so let’s try to get content for up to 3 episodes.”]

[“PD, you seem very excited about getting the footage, don’t you?”]

[“I’m curious about Kang Woojin, am I the only one?”]

[“Probably everyone feels the same.”]

Then, the camera zoomed in on Park Dae-ri’s image on the poster. Suddenly, a staff member shouted.

[“Kang Woojin has arrived!”]

The screen transitioned to Kang Woojin entering the studio, greeted by PD Yoon Byung-seon. The camera captured a medium shot of Woojin. They greeted each other, and then the PD asked Woojin a question.

[“Was it tough portraying Park Dae-ri?”]

Woojin’s indifferent reply:

[“Yes.”]

There was a murmur. The staff were visibly shocked, and the camera even shook slightly. A subtitle appeared beneath.

-He’s not just low-energy… he has none? None at all.

In the video, Kang Woojin’s initial character was highlighted for his blatant cynicism. However, as time went on, his quirky nature began to shine.

[Nice to meet you, I’m Kang Woojin, who played ‘Profiler Hanryang’ in ‘Park Dae-ri’.]

Whether it’s a slip of the tongue or being aware of the mistake and pretending it didn’t happen, the editing went in that direction. Soon, as Kang Woojin watched the video, he was slightly impressed inside.

‘Ah- so this is how they characterize someone in variety shows.’

Certainly, the video combined with on-site shooting and editing had a different vibe. It felt more intense, perhaps? Anyway, Kang Woojin’s goofiness exploded in the game. While all the actors seemed to enjoy it, only Kang Woojin looked like he was in battle. No, it was closer to a bloody battle.

[Haha, Woojin, it’s not like you’re going to war, right?]

[I’m just doing my best.]

Then, the end of the video. It was the climax of the ‘Name the Celebrity’ game. It would be over if only Kang Woojin succeeded.

[Alright, Woojin, this is the last one. It’s easy, really easy!]

[Um.]

[Wrong!!]

After Kang Woojin’s failure, the staff burst into laughter. Then came the comment from PD Yoon Byung-seon.

[Woah- This was basically a freebie. What should we do now? This is awkward.]

[I’m sorry, who was that?]

At that moment, in the video, Hong Hye-yeon fiercely punches Kang Woojin’s arm.

[Ah!! It’s me!! Are you out of your mind?!]

The screen suddenly goes black. White letters appear in the center.