Rowan: yeah, once you're home I'll come pick you up and we can check it out.

You: sure.

Rowan: okay sounds good. :)

You: yep

Rowan: ❤️❤️❤️

You: 👍

You shut off your scroll and shove it in your pocket.

"Ughhhh....Rowan." You grumble loudly.

"His machines probably gonna be bullshit waste of time." You mumble.

You frown and look down on the ground.

"I should probably just break up with him shouldn't I?" You mumble.

"It's just not doing well. I don't feel all that happy, if anything I feel like I'm just his babysitter because... he's a child." You mumble.

"...he's the only guy I'm ever with though." You sigh.

Hunter crosses your mind.

"W-well... I mean... yes there's other people but it's not like that could work." You blush and mumble to yourself.

"We're two whole different people. He's the enemy anyway." You shove your hands in your pockets.

You groan loudly and rub your face. This is all so much. You've been making your way to a park nearby so it gives you some place to be.

No one's at the park either so that's nice, you can have it all to yourself. You pace around the side walk of the park.

"I couldn't... like Hunter..." you whisper  and put your hands against your cheeks.

That's when you stop pacing and stand dead in your tracks. You realize something, something that is absolutely horrid.

"Shit... I do like him don't I?" You blush.

You stay silent for a moment. Titan this can't be happening. You couldn't love the golden guard, he's 2nd in line to the emperor. For all you know he could be using you. There's no way he even likes you anyway.

Besides! If he did happen to like you, you both wouldn't even be able to be together! That's the thing. How would the people in the guild feel that you'd be in a romance with the golden guard himself?

"No! No no no. Not a chance! Everyone would hate me." You laugh awkwardly to yourself

"I... should just stick to Rowan. He's... the only option that wouldn't be frowned upon." You sigh.

"Okay... uh..." you sigh.

You begin pacing again.

"H-how can I convince myself he's a good guy... how can I convince myself to like Rowan." You sigh.

"Ugh..." you sigh and rub your eyes.

"Okay... uh.... He's a good tinkerer...?" You mumble.

You shake your head. You really couldn't care less if he's a good tinkerer or not.

"Um... he has... good taste in video games." You nod.

You can agree with that, it's like the one thing you both talk about that you can keep a conversation on. He got you into some of the video games you like now.

"Handsome?" You mumble.

"Suuuureee?? Ugh actually no." You scoff.

You get a notification on your scroll.

"Titan Rowan, what does he need now?" You sigh and pick up your scroll

Rowan: oh btw, make sure you come just you first for this, I don't want anyone to see this just yet.