Some promises are meant to be broken

Start from the beginning

Y/n : ~sad chuckle~ Which is why I didn't inform him. I knew he would do it.
Taehyung : ~chuckle~ I said we'll visit him again after we return.

Closing the cupboard she faced him again with a smile.

Y/n : Yeah definitely. Is your packing done?
Taehyung : Hmm..And about tomorrow - the driver will take you to the airport. I'll join directly from the office.
Y/n : What if there's traffic- Will you be able to reach in time?
Taehyung : Don't worry. I'll leave early.

He answered while picking the suitcases from the bed and keeping them on the corner of the room. He fixed the bed sheet properly and said

Taehyung : Let's sleep if you are done. Tomorrow will be a long day.
Y/n : Hmm...We should.

A loud shattering sound made y/n jump out of the bed. Panting heavily she glanced at her side. Taehyung stood fully dressed in his office attire Infront of the dresser startled while the shattered bottle of perfume remained on the floor. Breathing heavily y/n moved her hairs away from her face gasping. Closing his eyes in guilt he came towards y/n and handed her a glass of water from the side table. Sitting beside her he spoke.

Taehyung : Sorry about that. My hand slipped.

Nodding her head she placed the glass back on its place. Her heart was still beating loudly due to waking up so aburptly with such loud sound.

Y/n : I-its fine.

Her eyes glanced at the clock. It was past 8 now. Taehyung leaves for office by this time. She massaged her temples in guilt of sleeping in till late.

Y/n : Sorry- I must have missed the alarm-
Taehyung : Aniya. I turned it off.
Y/n : Huh?
Taehyung : Yeah. No need to prepare the breakfast or lunch today. I'll eat at the office. I have ordered breakfast for you too. Eat it later okay?
Y/n : O-okay. B-but -
Taehyung : The journey is too long and tiring to Edinburgh. So get rest as much as possible.
Y/n : Hmm...What about you? Will be okay with office and everything?
Taehyung : I'm used to of having long trips y/n.
Y/n : I know...
Taehyung : Yeah. Anyways. Let me clean that first-

He said while standing up when she interrupted him.

Y/n : It's okay. leave that. I'll clean that all up.
Taehyung : It's alright. I can manage-You should go back to sleep-
Y/n : Taehyung- you are gonna be late for office. Leave that.
Taehyung : Don't worry. I will be quick-

His phone started ringing interrupting him. He walked back and grabbed his phone. Why was jimin calling him now. He quickly answered the call and talked with him. Apparently his car had broke down and now he had asked taehyung to pick him up.

Y/n : Don't make him wait. I'll clean this up. You should go to him.

Sighing he nodded his head in defeat.

Taehyung : I increased your work. Sorry.
Y/n : It's fine taehyung.... He must be waiting. Go .

Taehyung hummed and replied

Taehyung : Please be careful while handling the glass pieces.

He said while picking up his briefcase. Y/n nodded her head to answer as taehyung got ready to leave. They are gonna meet soon on the airport again but she still couldn't help but ask again.

Y/n : Will you really be able to come in time taehyung?

Taehyung stopped at the door and turned around to face her. Maybe she was shaken due to waking up suddenly like this. Maybe this is why she looked too pale. Maybe this is why he smiled at her to assure her. Maybe this is why he answered.