Chapter 26-Brave and the Bold

Teleport-transport or be transported across space and distance instantly

"When is the boss coming back?" Carl, a rouge with a nasty scar across his mouth mutters, downing another gulp of beer while looking on at the tied group of wolf pups in the corner of the old cabin. "I'm getting sick of playing babysitter here."

"I told you earlier dickhead," the other rouge Packer growls, slamming down the hilt of his hunting knife on the cracked table. "Once the King gets the older set of Purus Lupus, we'll all get paid and then they'll be his problem."

"But why do they have to be in here?" Carl's brother Randall interjects, the less confident of this trio of guards, and the most liable to run at the first sign of trouble. "I really don't like the way that younger boy is looking at me."

Carl and Packer glance over at the young pup, his fire blue eyes narrowed with hate above the duck tape secured over his mouth. Like the two teenagers, with wrists and ankles bound with chains while the two silver pups continue to growl within the dog cage next to the door.

"Your a damn pussy Randall," Carl sneers, drinking the last drop of his drink before throwing the bottle at the caged pups. "That one is powerless, an utterly useless spoiled brat."

Standing up from the rickety old chair, Carl saunters on over to the boy and lifts him up off the ground by his shirt front. The boy struggles against him, the shredded hem of his hoodie wriggling like a leaf. The teens and the silver pups struggle to lunge at Carl, making the older wolf laugh at their useless attempts.

"Ah, give it a rest!" Carl hollers, wrenching the tape off the boy's mouth with brutal strength. "Tell my brother that your nothing pup. Your a sniveling little brat that only knows how to throw puny little bombs. Because that's all you can do, your just a sad excuse of a wolf."

"Actually," the boy begins, fire blue eyes meeting the rouge's piss yellow eyes with derisive grin. "I just prefer a more logical approach, and it's not my fault that bomb blew up your friends. They just got in the way."

Carl snarls, gripping tight to the boy and bringing him up close to his glistening fangs. Unbeknownst to the rouges, Molly and Laura had put Nick's distraction to use, already successfully undoing the locks of their cage just as the sound of a shotgun pierces the tenuous quiet of patrolling guards outside.

"What the fuck?" Parker utters, Carl and Randall glancing towards the direction of the shot just as Nick pops out of thin air in a shower of electrical sparks. All three of the males curse, shocked as the iron chains crumple to the floor. No longer holding onto the pup they once held.

Instantly, Molly and Laura lunge out of their cage and attack the ankles of the rouges. They holler and screech, shouting in pain when sparks start zapping them from the twins' mouths. Amidst the chaos, Nick appears with the keys to Nicole and Terrence's chains. Setting them both free and giving them a chance to sneak up on the rouges.

"I told ya we should have given the little bitches tranquilizers!" Carl hollers, only a moment before Terrence pummels him with a brick to the back of the head. The rouge crumples to the floor in a heap, Randall following suit with a punch in the face from Nicole. Nick gets Packer right between the legs with his foot, making the rouge go blue in the face and fall to the ground. Giving Terrence enough time to find the chloroform bottle, and place a wet cloth on all of the rouges' mouths and noses.

Once done, the kids dive for the floor as bullets pound into the walls and turn the boards on the windows into splinters. Howls and wet gagging sounds fill the air, explosions shaking the ground, all while Nicole and Terrence cover the younger pups' bodies with their own. The utter madness outside the cabin continues for almost an eternity, slowly falling silent with a final death rattle not too far away.