Chapter 15-Surprise Pickup

Pack-a group of wild animals,especially wolves

It took five hours, five fucking hours for Calver and his numbskull deputies to question all the staff, security, and Kara the manager for the club. Five long hours sitting out in the hall of the police station until he finally came down to the last one, me. Calver wasn't too happy about not getting his hands on the group that attacked the club. They all ran away before anyone could think to grab a few of them. So he's been setting his dark gaze on me, probably thinking I hired the mangy mutts to do some damage.

"Miss Winters, why is it that every time there is a brawl in a public place that I always find you in the thick of it?" Calver drawls, arms crossed and giving me a glare that could melt the backside off a cow.

"It's a special talent of mine, I like to be in on the action," I utter, with all the pride I can muster in a flimsy leotard, ripped leggings, body glitter, and dirt covered feet.

"A talent. You young lady have been the center of at least ten different altercations in the last month," Calver scolds, shaking his finger so close to my face that I was extremely tempted to bite off.

"Only ten, last time you said it was fifteen," my smart mouth in that moment getting the better of me.

Calver sighs, rubbing his forehead under the ridiculous cowboy sheriff's hat that seems to be glued to his forehead.

"Miss Winters don't mock me, I've had a hell of a week and I don't want to end it with having to lock up a young lady in a cell," Calver drones, pushing me to my limit for stupid people.

"You've had a bad week, why don't I tell you about my week you low down son of a-,"suddenly someone's hand covers my mouth.

"Now, now sweetheart," Ryder drawls, muffling the curses I'm currently spewing behind his fingers. "Be nice and answer the nice sheriff's questions. I would hate for you to be locked up, it will ruin plans for the wedding."

Wedding! That's it, this means war. Which means for once, I'm gonna let the girls play with the new metal bats I bought. That should wipe the smile right off his chiseled, handsome, sweet talking face. He's so lucky my legs are still too frozen to get out of the hard plastic chair.

"And who might you be?" Calver asks, now noticing Ryder, Derrick, and Laurel sitting next to me.

"Ryder Evans, I took time off work to come down and help Serena work out plans to get hitched," Ryder replies lying through his damn perfect teeth.

"Isn't that right doll?" he asks, slowly detaching his fingers from my lips. I glare daggers at him as I force a fake ass smile to paint my face.

"Oh yes, we're thinking of a summer one aren't we dear," I say, sweet as poisoned sugar. My hand sneaking around his knee, while my nails slowly dig into the denim and pierce his skin.

"My brother Derrick and his girlfriend Laurel came down to help as well," I add, pulling an explanation for them up right quick. "Isn't that right brother dearest?"

My cheeks ache as I plaster on a forced smile at Derrick. Hoping that Calver will be his dumbass self and go along with the program. As luck would have it, who at that moment should come through the doors of the police station but Carol. A baggy eyed rumpled Alpha Carol, and she was on a war path.

"You better have a damn good excuse for ruining my sleep!" she growls. Green eyes flaring with a mixture of sleep deprivation and rage. Her clothes looking like they've been thrown on under her neon orange parka. "And the only reason I don't tan your hides is because your siblings decided to tag along."

Tag along they did, the little trouble making rascals. Molly, Laura, and Nick run full tilt through the doors. Straight at me, in pajamas, coats and gray stained night slippers. Now I wish I had hired an actual werewolf nanny.

My bruised arms groan as Molly and Laura pounce into my lap. For six year olds they are heavy, thankfully Nick just walks around to my free side and leans on my shoulder. While the girls try in vain to wring my neck like a chicken, as they squeeze their arms around me.

"Woof," I huff, earning chuckles from Ryder, Laurel, Derrick, Carol, and Calver. "So, you were saying Sherrif."

Calver flushes when I remind him of the current situation. Especially when my sisters turn their faces towards him, and turn on their heavily practiced puppy dog eyes.

"Well, though you do have a track record Miss Winters," Calver begins, putting his hands in his pockets. "I do have statements from your coworkers that you had nothing to do with the dirstubance. As such you are free to go, but I'd advise you to not leave town for a while."

I frown, knowing where this was going. My house is technically not close to Coldwood, but Carol's is. Great, now instead of going home to my own bed, I have to spend the night at the pack house. With my siblings, my mate, and Carol's nosy pack members, lucky me.