Chapter 29-Wedding Bells

Bond-a strong force of attraction

8 months Later

I was going to kill someone. Already I had been pulled out of my cozy bed, forced to eat a full proper breakfast, put into a chair for three hours for makeup and hair. But now, with all the women and girls I have known for so long circling around me like a hive of bees, I was finally going to snap.

"Are you people done yet?" I growl, turning away from the mirror in order to properly glare at all of them dressed to mimic a garden of hot house flowers. "I want to get this done so I can have my ribs, ranch, and beer that Ryder promised for me to have at the reception!"

"Now see here Rena," Molly interjects, stepping up on a nearby stool in her attempt to meet me in the eyes. Her flower girl dress puffed out like a cloud, pigtails trimmed with white ribbon, and a white wicker basket in her hand filled with confetti cut into the shape of bullets. "It takes a lot to get anyone ready for their wedding, with it being you we had to take much longer sense your so goddess darn picky! Not to mention the fact that it took two months just to get the exact shade of purple for the dress to match your hair!"

I grind my teeth in frustration, knowing full well that I cannot refute her claim. I did it on purpose, not be an asshole, but to keep this entire wedding ceremony from becoming the full on event that it has become. What I wanted for a proper mate bonding ceremony, we went with wedding because of the humans in Coldwood, was something simple. This has turned out to be anything but simple, all the supernaturals from Bevel Rose, Coldwood, Laurel's hometown, and the few survivors from the Coven of Elders decided to show up. And get their butts involved with my affairs.

To be honest, I'm glad Ryder and I only had to focus on our clothes and vows. Everyone else pitched in when it came to the organization of the bonding ceremony, which gave us both some time to mop up the wreckage of our first week together. Both my jobs I had to apologize to, and then happily resign from. Though, if they need me, The Witching Hour will call me in for a impromptu performance when another act is unavailable.

The rest of our problems took longer to deal with. Unbeknownst to us while we were fighting of the Rouge King's army, Titus had sent someone to set my house on fire. But sure enough Ryder was on the case, one handy phone call and he had secured us a new, larger place to live. I was very grateful that our cherished family memorabilia had been in stuffed into the fireproof safe, and now it all had a new home as well.

After that, with the Rouge Army on the run toward the Northern Territory, we sent back Jason and his warriors to their pack in Tennessee. That was a painful process, herding them all into a few horse trailers and driving along through the backroads like a bunch of fugitives hiding from the law. In the law's defense, we were breaking several federal and state laws to do our job in returning the little misogynists back home. Though we did let one stay, but Nora was very strict on the rules for her mate if he wanted to be with her. One, to my spiteful glee, was to be the attack dummy for the Coldwood Pack kids for one month. That straightened him out real quick.

Then there was the matter of Sheriff Calver, but that was quickly resolved with a not so missed missing persons case that slowly but surely went on the back burner in favor of everyone congratulating our new sheriff. A distant relative of Madame Rossetti, and a bang up wizard with only a few mishaps since he'd been inducted in. Although most have been easily explained away as some local phenomenon. Like the random human like cries from the woods around Coldwood.

To the local humans, a mere oddity that brings in a few tourists now and then, but for me it always puts a mean grin on my face. If only I had the time to watch Calver be the pixie colony's personal practice target, but with all the attention focused on my own family life, I have better things to do than see the asshole that nearly got my family killed still alive if most likely bruised and bloodied.

"Alright girls," I begin, snatching up my bouquet of wild flowers and rearranging the flowing skirts of the dress to show off the black combat boots on my feet. "Let's get this show on the road, and if I get tackled for a bouquet toss no ribs for you."

As I'd expect from a bunch of women ready to show off, they all rushed on out the room and headed down the stairs like a herd of elephants. Molly and Laura towed me along, making double sure I didn't trip and led me on outside to Carol's backyard. Everyone we knew was there, the supernatural citizens of Bevel Rose, Coldwood, and Laurel's hometown of Dead Man's Gulch.

No expense it seems had been spared. Silver garlands, ribbon decorations, and chairs all set up towards an arch made entirely out of crystal and silver. And there, waiting for down the long lonesome stretch of grass, mushrooms, and flowers, was Ryder. Dolled up in a suit and his leather jacket, grinning from ear to ear as my sisters brought me down the aisle of teary eyes and clapping.

"Well, don't you clean up good sugar," Ryder teases, taking my hand in his as Carol begins the ceremony. Binding us both together, forever.
—————————————————————————-
By the time the ceremony, and the long awaited buffet, combined with drinking and dancing, my feet were ready to fall off. Ryder, the devil man that he is, swooped in at the last second, threw me into his mustang, and bid farewell to the guests and the kids, of which Carol lovingly agreed to keep for the night. For the rest of the evening, we drove with the windows down, bathing in the mild warmth of the summer night.

Through the woods and fields, we drove along hand in hand. The wind fluttering our hair, the breeze kissing our cheeks. Our journey took us all the way over a covered bridge, and down to a collection of towering birch trees where our new house lay waiting for our arrival. Ryder began construction the moment he could, building our home for us and the kids, with even more room to grow. Of which the last part he has said to me with a mischievous twinkle in his eye that magically turned my cheeks into fire red splotches.

After pulling into the drive, Ryder gallantly opened my door and pulled me into a delicate bridal carry. Under the glowing full moon, he is as beautiful as a fairytale king of the dark. Over the last eight months of our rocky relationship, mostly him pissing me off with his teasing and me trying not to give into the lovey dovey crap, we finally came to a truce. Or, in other words, I finally caved into bringing him fully into my life. Though, I still have to get onto him to put the toilet seat down, now and again.

Despite that, I love the cranky bastard. The grumpy sourpuss that puts up with my sisters still trying to maim him, and Nick's destructive experimentation. That said, I gaze up at the beautiful house Ryder made for us. Happy that I finally have a permanent place for them to grow up. The house is a good three stories, not including the attic, or the basement with my very own armory. A playground lies to the left of the house, nestled between berry bushes and some good sized oak trees. But my favorite part is the porch.

A rap round porch complete encircling the house, with two comfy reclining porch chairs that have me daydreaming of quiet afternoons,
getting a tan, and reading a book. However, the best thing about the house is the little bronze plague by the door. Before we enter the house, Ryder takes my fingers and traces the curling letters. "Winters Bounty Hunting Agency."

"I knew you would like it," my mate whispers in my ear, suavely catching my chin between his fingers and giving me a tow curling kiss. "Now, how about we celebrate, Madame Alpha."

"Let's," I reply, tracing my nails along his scraggly beard, giving him my own cheeky grin. "And remember Ryder, if I get woken up tomorrow and there is no coffee for me to drink or a bad rouge to kill, don't disturb me from my cave."

Ryder rolls his eyes, chuckling in his low rumbling tone while opening the door. "I'll keep that in mind sugar, as long as you promise not to let those heathens of yours play any form of that cliche ice bucket challenge one me again."

I giggle at that, shaking my head in amusement before kissing my troublesome mate with so much emotion and passion, we barely have the door closed by the time we start pealing are clothes off.