Chapter 17-A Rumble and a Rude Awakening

Betting-an act of risking a sum of money on the outcome of a future event

Twenty minutes later, I throw myself onto the pillows stacked on the bed. Slowly stretching my body out on the sheets, clean and content in a pair of purple leggings and a black Marvel T-shirt. One of the perks of having an Alpha for a friend, you get a nice hot shower and a seemingly endless supply of clothes.

Which I'm extremely grateful for when Ryder walks out in black sweats that hang from his hips, showing off the v-line on his bare chest and stomach. My face flushes as I take him in, his hard six pack and muscled pectorals has me drooling in appreciation.

"Oh mama," I mumble, meeting his gaze that flares like a raging five alarm inferno.

Hot, panty dropping lust turning his eyes to blood red. The bond tugs through my heart, and pulls Ryder toward my prone body. Step by step, he draws up to the bed. Heat wafts of his skin as he crawls up and settles himself above me. My mark suddenly starts to itch and burn, forcing a hiss of pain past my lips.

"Shit, what the hell?" I mutter, the words swiftly followed by a whimper rushing past my lips.

Ryder's eyes quickly turn back to green, worry etching itself across his stubbled face. Rolling off me, he settles himself behind my back and pulls me against his chest. Fully wrapping me up in his arms, before kissing my mark and miraculously making the sharp pain go away.

"There all better?" he whispers, the warmth of his breath on my neck sending a shiver down my spine.

"Much," I reply, turning over to face him and pressing my chest against his. "Now, where were we?"A smug grin appears on his face, his brow going up to accentuate his point.

"What about that last night of privacy?"Ryder teases, quickly snaking an arm round my waist and pressing me closer to him.

Heat fills my cheeks when my lower body touches his. I'm an idiot for wearing leggings, cause now I feel everything, and I mean everything that's part of Ryder. My abdomen flares with heat, and I feel a pulsing need coming from down below. I've always been in control, but with the way Ryder is looking at me, and Mother Nature calling for war on my hormones. My iron reinforced control goes out the window faster than you can say hail Satan.

Before he could stop me, I shoved him on his back and climbed up on him. I push down on his shoulders while straddling his hips, I have know idea what I'm doing but somewhere deep inside me this feels right.

"Tell me, have you been with any women before me?" I ask, earning a bemused and slightly guilty look from him. "Should I be worried about a crazy ex wanting my mate?"

"No," he chuckles in reply. "Just some women that I met on the road, mostly when I was drunk."

"Well good," I say, bringing my head down and kissing the bare skin of his mark. "Consider yourself lucky, I haven't had any men, well not yet."

I quickly silence his protest by pressing my lips against his, immediately igniting a burning core of fire in my lower belly. Ryder grasps my hips and pulls me closer, so close that I fear I will combust and completely explode into a million pieces.

"I'd be happy to have you either way," he drawls, when we come up for air. "As long as you get to be mine, and I get to be yours."

Oh that did it. It did it so perfectly that I was speechless and so turned on that I let him pull me into another hungry kiss. Sparks flew up my skin and down my back, and after that our clothes found themselves on the floor. Leaving us to savor the warmth of each other, with me shaking like a leaf in the wind and Ryder calm and gentle as wave after wave of heated pleasure went through my body. Of course after me hissing with pain at the start, but it quickly subsided and I let the waves of euphoria carry me away.

 Of course after me hissing with pain at the start, but it quickly subsided and I let the waves of euphoria carry me away

The banging door startles me awake, though as I get up I remember something. One I am naked with only a thin black sheet covering the goods. Two, it is butt fucking cold in the room, and three, I have Ryder's arm around my waist. His beefy bulk holding me tight against his chest, making escape literally impossible.

"Hey asshole with the iron fist!" I holler, earning a drowsy snort from Ryder. "Come back when I got something other than see through cotton covering my breasts!"

The banging quickly stops, but it was replaced by a high pitched girlish squeal. "I knew it!" Nicole yells from the hallway. "And you said it was just the heater making noises, you owe me fifty bucks."

I flop my head back down, grab a pillow, and scream into said pillow. My sleep deprived brain forgot one thing about this house. It's full of wolves with excellent hearing when they hone in on a sound, and of course this pack has a tendency to bet. And they wonder why I don't come around here often.

"Wanna tell me why there are at least three teenagers outside our door," Ryder says, his voice husky and low.

"Cause Nicole and her cousins had a bet on how long it would take me to finally find my mate and get laid," I replied, through the fluffy down of the pillow.

"And I guess she won, right?" he adds with a snicker.

"Yep," I mutter, throwing the pillow into the door with a thump. "They made the bet six months ago, and she said it would be about nine. Goddess damn the magazine I bought for her birthday."

"Ahh, don't worry about it sugar," Ryder murmurs, pulling me close and nuzzling my neck. "Let's just stay here awhile. I must say you are extremely warm, well except for your feet."

I start to growl at him, but I'm cut off when the door flies open and falls onto the floor as the hinges give way. My jaw drops when I find Carol with her leg brought up to kick. It would be an awesome ninja moment, if it weren't for the oversized pink terry cloth bathrobe and white fuzzy slippers she has on.

"Well, well, well," Carol says, grinning ear to ear when she sees us in my bed. "I guess Solarin was right. You two were having fun last night, and I thought you wanted to kill him Serena. Oh well, that can wait till later, now there is clothes in the closet for both of you. So get dressed and come down stairs, breakfast is ready."

Just like that, she turns on her slippered heel and heads out the door, along with Nicole and her two mischievous cousins. Only then does the smell of grits, bacon, eggs, gravy, biscuits, and brewing coffee hit me like a freight train.

"Ryder, if you don't want me to go feral I suggest you let me go so I can eat," I snarl, my stomach rumbling from the drool worthy scents coming from down in the kitchen.

"Alright," he sighs, releasing me from his hold.
"But don't leave without me."

I roll my eyes and hop out of bed. Stretching, I accidentally glance in the mirror on my wall and feel all the blood drain from my face. That little shit has put a necklace of hickeys around my neck. Well, two can play at that game.