Chapter 12-Pre-Mature Mid-Life Crisis

Hybrid-the offspring of two plants or animals of different species or varieties

"So, your granddaughter is a wolf and witch hybrid," Ryder drawls with an ice pack against his eye.

"Yes, how did you know?"Madame Rozetti says as she sips her tea.

I jerk my thumb towards Derrick with the aforementioned granddaughter Laurel, now perched on his lap as she brushes her fingers through his hair. Small green sparks curving around her nails, effectively cleaning away the dirt from Derrick's locks.

"Lucky guess," I mumble as I stifle a laugh against the rim of my cup. "So how much time we got till doomsday?"

Madame Rozetti sighs as she places her cup and saucer on the remains of the coffee table.

"Its always down to business with you isn't?" she says.

"I like to be upfront about things," I reply with a slight shrug of my shoulder.

"You also like driving me crazy to no end," Ryder grumbles as the rest of his wounds start closing up.

"Don't look at me, I'm not the one who started the demolition derby in here, that was all you," I grumble back.

"Except you forget Serena," Madame Rozetti interjects as she waves a hand, drawing my attention to the trashed remains of her living room. "That I'm the one who had to finish it, by lifting all four of you into the air after I came in here to see my granddaughter and you playing tug a war with your mate's neck."

"Not to mention that you fool males trashed the living room to begin with," Laurel adds, giving the guys a seething glare that could burn metal.

"Anyway," I start to say, just as Ryder and Laurel begin to growl lowly at each other.

I facepalm into my hand, groaning with annoyance I look up at both of them staring each other down. Great, now I got a staring contest between two alphas. Yes I said that correctly, it seems my siblings, Ryder, Carol, and I are not the only alpha blooded wolves here. Which means our housing situation is gonna be a bitch, not to mention Carol will have a very confused pack on her hands.

"Seriously, you'd think since y'all both had a go at each other you'd have it out of your systems by now," I mutter.

Madame Rozetti places a gentle hand on me knee, I face as she pats it giving me a gentle smile. "You are wolves dear,'tis part of your nature," she says in an effortlessly melodic tone.

"Now to answer your first question, A rouge alpha struck the Coven of Elders last night, and there were also reports of Alpha Jason of Canyon Pass crossing the border into Virginia. Headed in the direction of Coldwood proper."

I spit out my tea, Ryder drops his ice pack, Derrick turns ghost white, and Laurel looks as if she was just handed a rabid gerbil.

"The Coven of Elders was attacked!" I gasp at the same time Ryder yells, "My brother is coming here!"

"Well, what do expect when you use a sudden amount of magic, therefore making yourself a beacon for supernaturals in the surrounding area," Laurel adds in a dismissive tone.

"Watch it smart ass," I hiss. "Your lucky your my brother's mate, cause I would have knocked you out on the front lawn by now."

Laurel hops to her feet and growls at me, suddenly a brightly colored ticket flutters down next to her shoe. Quick as a whip, I snatch it off the floor and chuckle at what I'm seeing. Right there on the cheap card stock is a picture of me during one of my Roaring Twenties sets.

"Aria La Vine at The Witching Hour, This Tuesday from 5 to 8 and 10 to 12."

"Oh shit, what time is it!" I gasp dropping the ticket and gathering up my jacket and keys.