Chapter 61

My eyes narrowed and quickly called Lyndon. "Have you seen the news?" I asked.

"Yes. I have already ordered my staff to take care of it. Don't worry."

Huh. He can take it down but people will still gossip in social media. What's the difference? I sighed and was about to hang up when he asked. "Where's my son?"

That's when I remembered what we talked about at the restaurant. My vision darkened and I quickly ended the call. Rishel, why did you forget?

I thought the issue would subside after a few days but a week has passed but my face is still in the headlines. Even the issues that caused me to flee the country have once again surfaced  in the media. They also didn't miss the gigs I did with Vine and my idol days back then.

I suspected at first that there was a hand moving the media but my suspicion deepened when information about me and Rei suddenly appeared. No one knows publicly about the relationship I had with that man so I know someone wants me to rot in the headlines. There was only one person I could think of at that time.

"Levi," I called his name.

The other line went silent but after a few minutes he spoke. "Did you like my presents?"

I could hear the teasing in the tone of his voice so I knew I wasn't wrong in my hunch. He is the one behind the sudden exposure of my face in the headlines.

"Stop pestering my life, Levi. We're over!"

I heard him laugh a little. "This is just a little punishment for running away. You won't mind right?"

The corner of my lips twitched. "You're insane."

He didn't say anything and just laughed. I knew I would get nothing from him so I immediately hung up. I called my assistant and notified him to take down the trend searches on social media. Lyndon was busy taking my face down from the national headlines and in less than a day the issue subsided. Only then I could breathe easy.

I was surprised when an unknown number called. I don't want to answer but he keeps calling. I thought about blocking that number but there was a small voice inside me that stopped what I was planning. I sighed and answered the call.

"Rishel? Is that you?" I heard a familiar voice.

I blinked. "Tiden?"

I heard his sigh on the other line. "I'm glad to hear you again. How are you, Rishel?"

I couldn't move for a few seconds. It's been a few years since Tiden and I talked. I also forgot to call him when I came back to the country. And I just realized that I forgot his number.

"I'm good. You? How are you?" I asked.

I heard a rustle before he spoke again. "I'm a small business owner now, Rishel."

"Huh? When?"

"I left the band five years ago." He sighed again. "I can't bear the accusations they throw at you. I wanted to release a statement but the management stopped me. So I decided to leave the band."

"You..." I gasped. "How about June?"

"I don't know where that fool is now. After I left the band, I heard that he didn't show up in the media and management anymore. I guess that one went into hiding after being attacked by Ariel."

I frowned. "What happened between him and Ariel?"

"Rishel..." He took a deep breath. "We found out he wasn't the real Ariel. Levi --"

My lips became a line and I cast my gaze down. "I know."

Tiden was silent, and asked how I knew. I told him what I saw that night in Boljoon and I was dumbfounded by the series of curses I heard from him.

"Why you didn't tell me, Rishel? Why did you hide it from us?" He cursed again. "That one has been fooling us for years!"

"Sorry." I bit my bottom lip and took a deep breath. "I'm really sorry. It's my fault for keeping the truth from all of you.."

"Why? Why were you able to hide that fact from us, Rishel?"

"I-I..." I gasped again because I felt my heart broke.

I told Lyndon about what happened in Boljoon but I never once thought of telling Tiden the truth. Because I was scared and ashamed. It was my selfishness so I was able to hide the truth from them even though Searial and Levi were cheating on Vine face to face. I was blind and I know it was my fault too.

There was a few minutes of silence between the two of us before he sighed again. "It's already happened so there's nothing we can do."

"I'm really sorry."

I don't know if he accepted my apology but he suddenly changed the subject. "I've heard the rumors about you. I know it's Levi's plan. What's your plan now?"

"I will make him pay." I looked down. "Don't worry, I won't be at a disadvantage."

"That's good." He was silent for a moment before asking again. "I heard you're getting married."

"Yes."

When the news about me spread, the information about my engagement to Lyndon also spread. I feel like I don't have a secret anymore with the amount of information spread about me. So I contacted my attorney to file a lawsuit against the individuals who spread information about me.

"Congratulations," he said.

"Thank you."

The silence between the two of us prevailed again. A few moments later, he was the first to say goodbye.

"Always be careful," he said.

"Likewise." I looked down. "If there is a chance, we can meet up when you are available."

Suddenly the tone of his voice became serious. "Rishel... If that man hurts you, just tell me."

"Okay..."

I heard him sigh again. "Send my regards to your parents, Rishel."

Just then he ended the call. I stared at the phone for a few seconds before sighing. I looked into the distance. After a while, I called my assistant again. "Ready the evidences and file a case against Levitus Yushen."

"If we file a case against him now, your engagement party might be postphoned, Miss Rishel."

"It's okay."

"Alright. I will call Atty. Ybanez."

I didn't wait long before Levi's face was in the headlines. Over the years, I have gathered a lot of evidence against him. I thought about going back to the country and when I come back I should erase Levi's existence from my life, because I know that man will not stay silent if he finds out that I have returned.

I thought at first that there was no evidence to prove who shot Ariel but I didn't expect to find his remains. I also found the mother of twins Seariel and Ariel and found out the truth. Seariel tried to keep her mother quiet so that no truth would be revealed about that rainy night.

That is also the reason why Ariel's mother voluntarily gave a statement about what happened. Now Ariel's mother is in my care. I know that Seariel has been looking for his missing mother for several years but Tita has no intention of showing up to her son. So I flew her to another country so she could live in peace. Now that Ariel's case is being investigated, I know TIta will not hesitate to fly back to the country.

Suddenly my phone rang. Someone's calling. I checked the caller ID and I laughed as I answered the call.  "Levi. Do you like my gift?" I asked.